>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Broadway Hotel - Al Stewart

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:27 am

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Another great melody and chord progression from Al Stewart’s 1976 album Year Of The Cat, Broadway Hotel uses unusual chord sequences and dissonant melody notes that never quite resolve where you might expect them to. The lesson includes some thoughts on incorporating the melody into a chord solo as well as a bit on lead soloing over a two-chord progression.

Enjoy this level 5 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

willem

Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:10 pm

Great lesson with all de details explained a bout whats goin on in a song,,pickin out melody notes for a chord solo, second guitar,etc..thx

I've seen Neil's thumb right up/above the neck,,is that for making the quick chords changes ease'r???

Willem

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:46 pm

Well, I just knew this was coming and I've been looking forward to it as I am just as much an Al Stewart fan as I am of The Moody Blues and Dan Fogelberg. I've been playing my camp fire version of this song (sadly I've been all alone on this for years as no one ever seems to even know it, leave alone play it!) for a while and I'm really looking forward to checking out the details of the lesson. Neil is so right, the Year Of The Cat album is a must have! Great joy!

thereshopeyet

Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:36 pm

Neil

Another great Al Stewart song lesson.

This is another for my long to learn list.

Thanks

Dermot

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic