>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Jar Of Hearts - Christina Perri

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
thereshopeyet

Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:46 pm

Vanessa

Just had another look at your lesson.
I like your light finger strumming and picking , you make that look easy !

I notice you put this as a level three song..... are your level considerations the same as Neil's?
What are your thoughts on the levels?

Dermot

:)

willem

Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:57 am

Thanks so much guys and gals!! :cheer:

Good question Dermot, levels...well I find it not so easy.....I should have a conversation with Neil about that, so this is really my own opinion what I think level 3 is. (I often agree with Neil, but sometimes I find a song way harder or vice versa.) My considerations: If you'd just strum this song, it'd be a level 1 song, then again, add a barred F-chord and it's already a level 2 song. Add a few other trickyshapes, add little melodythings and it might be a level 3 or even level 4 song. I hesitated between the last two. And oh, I certainly agree that the liveconcert is more emotional than the record. Funny enough, she leaves most melodybits out of the playing when she performs it on stage, except for the first verse.

What would you say about this one? Anyway, thanks for your comments, really appreciate it! :)

Playing and singing with your daughter Bart, that's so cool and indeed, I sure hope a lot of guys (TG is mostly men :P ) will use songs like this to play and sing with their spouses, sisters, friends, nieces and so on! ;)

Thanks so much Shel and Cori, love to read your support! And yeah, I've always been a strong believer in playing any song on both instruments, guitar and piano, so it's nice to get into some pianosongs and translate them to the guitar. Thanks my friends!!

Ness

haoli25

Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:09 pm

Whether an upload or a lesson, it is always a pleasure to watch you play, Nessa. Thanks for a great lesson.

Bill

AcousticAl

Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:56 pm

Gosh.....what a sweet man you are Bill, thank you so much! :kiss: :cheer:

haoli25 wrote:
Whether an upload or a lesson, it is always a pleasure to watch you play, Nessa. Thanks for a great lesson.

Bill

michelew

Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:52 am

I've finally gotten a chance to watch all of this lesson and I can't believe how much info you've explained on this level 3 song Ness. It's GREAT.

And the play through..... OMG!!! Really beautiful and just heartbreaking. I don't know how you do it...but WOW!

TGNesh

Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:19 am

That's just SO awesome to hear Shel! Those female--vocalists do make me stretch my vocalrange :S, so indeed very happy to hear you liked the play through, thanks so much!! :cheer:

michelew wrote:
I've finally gotten a chance to watch all of this lesson and I can't believe how much info you've explained on this level 3 song Ness. It's GREAT.

And the play through..... OMG!!! Really beautiful and just heartbreaking. I don't know how you do it...but WOW!

jimcjimc

Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:08 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:

And yeah, I've always been a strong believer in playing any song on both instruments, guitar and piano, so it's nice to get into some pianosongs and translate them to the guitar. Thanks my friends!!

Ness
Vanessa,

I was just catching up on some recent TV shows on the TIVO and was watching In Performance at the White House with Carole King

Not sure if this link will work outside the US http://www.pbs.org/inperformanceatthewh ... role-king/

But, if you are looking for some more piano songs to do on the guitar, don''t forget Carole King :)

TGNesh

Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:31 am

Oh shoot, not able to watch it here :( , but there is youtube I suppose, which song was that Jim?

jimcjimc wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:

And yeah, I've always been a strong believer in playing any song on both instruments, guitar and piano, so it's nice to get into some pianosongs and translate them to the guitar. Thanks my friends!!

Ness
Vanessa,

I was just catching up on some recent TV shows on the TIVO and was watching In Performance at the White House with Carole King

Not sure if this link will work outside the US http://www.pbs.org/inperformanceatthewh ... role-king/

But, if you are looking for some more piano songs to do on the guitar, don''t forget Carole King :)

jimcjimc

Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:07 am

Hi Vanessa,
The link is a PBS show - I was afraid it might not be available outside the US. It was an hour long program filmed in the White House with guests including James Taylor, Billy Joel, doing a number of Carole King songs. some from Tapestry, plus some earlier songs she had written.

tgvanessa wrote:
Oh shoot, not able to watch it here :( , but there is youtube I suppose, which song was that Jim?

jimcjimc wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:

Ness
Vanessa,

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic