>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - A Beautiful Mess - Jason Mraz

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:53 am

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

A Beautiful Mess by Jason Mraz is the final track of his album We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things, which came along with his huge hit, I’m Yours. It features a very melodic fingerpicking intro, by using all the chords, or at least part of those, in the key of E. Quite a few colourful chords throughout the song, such as m7, add9, add11, dominant7add11, which can be played with just a simple basic ¾ swing time strum. We also take a look at some of the nuances and subtleties of Jason Mraz’ playing since he tends to change the way he plays his songs all the time.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

TGNesh

Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:04 am

Forgot to add another link, just Jason Mraz by himself!

willem

Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:33 am

Seen only the preview and play through and that was more then beautiful...

Willem

thereshopeyet

Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:13 pm

Vanessa

I don't know the song but you make the guitar sing.

Thanks for the lesson.

Dermot

millponddave

Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:48 pm

Vanessa,

I just had to comment on a great lesson. I really enjoy your teaching style, You and Neil should compliment each other quite well.
Now, off to work on what should be a fun song !

Dave

michelew

Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:10 am

This is one of my favourite songs EVER!!!

OK I HAD to go straight to dessert with this one. I couldn't resist. And BOY! I was NOT disappointed. Ness the play through is .... GOSH I simply can't find the right words... It's SO beautiful and joyful and passionate and subtle and just a whole bunch of expression. Your playing is really fabulous and your singing... WOW! You've captured a beautiful song in such a gorgeous way.

I've already got this song down a little because of Sweet-Ness so the next thing I watched was the details section. SO COOL!!!! heaps in there that I'll be studying, such fantastic details that just make the song ever better.

THANK YOU Ness. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you SO much! This is fantastic.

I'll be studying hard to absorb every little nuance that you're teaching here. I love your eye for detail and your enthusiasm for passing it on.

Did I mention that this is a favourite song?

By the way I LOVE this lesson.

THANK YOU!!!

Shel

michelew

Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:36 pm

I've had a chance to watch the rest of this lesson and it's all REALLY great.

Ness I'm loving your lessons. Your teaching approach is just like Neil's in thoroughness, but of course you're bringing all your own style to it too, which is so much fun, a joy to watch and absolutely inspirational. (Not to say that Neil isn't all of those things which of course he is). I love the way you explain sections and then start playing and singing them, while interspersing additional instructions. It allows me to understand exactly where to apply the technique/approach/ detail because you've explained where it is on the music/tab and you've explained where it is by giving us the audio cues too. The mixed see it, hear it, do it approach works really well for getting it into my brain. Thank you!

I'm loving your song choices. Of course how can you go wrong with Jason Mraz, he's so fantastic. If you're thinking of doing more, then I say GO FOR IT! :) he's one of my heros as you know. :) :)

Now the only problem here is that I now really neeeeeed a nylon string guitar with a cutaway and a slightly thinner neck would be nice too. :) hmmmm... A Taylor JM signature model or equivalent would do nicely. :) I'm having to take this song up a whole step for my voice which makes it impossible to play on my Hofner classical and it just doesn't sound as nice on the steel string. Need, shmeed. :) .... perhaps I'll get crazy and think about it for my 50th. :) (which is a while off yet).

I LOVE this lesson. Keep them coming. I'm holding my breath in anticipation for the next one.

:kiss:

Shel

familyman4

Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:46 am

Vanessa,

Great job on this lesson! Actually the play through was so good I think you could record the song and make a hit out of it yourself :)

The lesson was very well thought out and presented in such a nice way. Great, great, great!

Bart

TGNesh

Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:22 am

Aaaah you guys and gal are just SO sweet!! :cheer: :kiss: Since I was really excited to record this lesson, it was more than exciting to read your comments!!

Willem: Thanks so much my friend, always love your support, very glad you liked the play through!

Dermot: Haha! You cracked me up as you often do, you're too funny!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: And thanks for your support! ;)

Dave: Hi Dave, how great to read you again, you're obviously still around! :) And what a kind comment, it sure is nice to hear you like my 'teachingstyle', I sure do my best here, it's definitely something else than just playing the guitar, if you know what I mean. Thanks so much for dropping by!! :cheer:

Michele: Gosh WOMAN!! You're tooooo......well everything that you can think of!! :P :blush: :blush: ...........LOVED to read ALL of that!! :cheer: And of COURSE, you neeeeeeed a new classical :laugh: :laugh: , haha, as I do! :P And yeah, I'd LOVE to do more JM-songs, as you know I'm a fan too! ;) Anyway, thanks so much sweet friend, really glad you liked the 'details' as well, as I said, I sure did my best. :) :)

Bart: What a sweet man you are Bart.....gosh... :blush: .I'm so pleased to hear that, thanks so much!!! :cheer:

Thanks again all!! :woohoo:

Ness

TGNesh

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:10 pm

BTW TG-team:

I read on facebook that this lesson is a 'Free Lesson', is it really? (don't get me wrong, fine by me ;) ), but if it isn't, then isn't it a bit ........uhmm.......well you know?? :dry:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic