>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - By the Time I Get To Phoenix - Glen Campbell

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:04 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

This was Glen Campbell’s follow-up to Gentle On My Mind and it really helped build his rising star status. Jimmy Webb wrote By The Time I Get To Phoenix and was first recorded by Johnny Rivers. This lesson covers both versions, which are pretty similar in most respects. It is in the key of F and consequently uses mostly barre chords.

Enjoy this level 5 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

familyman4

Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:42 pm

Well what can I say about this song? I remember it from when I was just a wee little lad crawling around the ankles of my mother. :laugh: Seriously, he recorded this in 1965 so I was 3 at the time. In reality, I probably remember it throughout my entire childhood because it was a song my mother would sing a lot. She really liked the chord progression and the smooth way Glen Campbell could sing this tune. (And the full orchestra was fantastic too)

I think I will learn it for my mother. (Not sure where to get an orchestra though) I am making her a DVD for Christmas this year with many of her favorites so I'll slip this one in the bundle as well.... :cheer:

Music is such a wonderful reminder of past times and good memories!

Thanks again Neil...
Bart

thereshopeyet

Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:40 pm

Neil

This looks like another great lesson

Thanks

Dermot

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic