>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - You Don’t Mess Around With Jim - Jim Croce

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:32 am

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Jim Croce was one of the greatest songwriter/singer/performers of the 1970s, and maybe all time. This song shows a bit of his blues-rock side, using a shuffle type rhythm in a modified 12-bar format to back a fun story. It is basically blues in E and the lesson includes a detailed look at muting and muffling the vamp, as well as some thoughts on adding fills using the E Minor Pentatonic Scale.

Enjoy this level 6 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

suziko

Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:58 am

I am so excited to see this song. I grew up listening to my dad's Jim Croce albums (which albums I know own, on vinyl! Thanks, Dad!!) and I love his music so much. Can't wait to see which other ones you put out, Neil!!

Suzi

Music Junkie

Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:58 am

Wow, what an unexpected song. I love it! What is our lesson total up to now? it has been increasing so rapidly as of late... :)

I was just messing around with another Croce tune last night...."Age" He had so many great songs.

Thanks!

Jason

sbutler

Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:20 am

WOW, now you've done it. Just when I thought it was easy to pass a few lessons and work on the list I already had, you open up this can of worms. I had to watch the live video you attached, then another while I was there and that one led to "working at the car wash blues" and I'm thinking " that's a wickedly deceiving timing thing going on in this one" , if Neil wanted to trip me up, this one would do it.

Now that I've been playing a while, I can see a lot of reasons to turn theses songs into lessons. I hope someday there is a 20 pack.

Scott

willem

Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:28 pm

Love all the 5 JC lessons that are up here,,,this new one(5) I should be true to,,cos I love the blues and Croce,,,exactly what I want great lesson and can't wait till the huge( I guess) packed is getting filled..

Thx

Willem

familyman4

Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:33 pm

Love it! Fun little song to jam on.

Thanks!
Bart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic