>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Please Don’t Say You Love Me - Gabrielle Aplin

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:30 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Please Don’t Say You Love Me is the second single from a new upcoming English artist, singer and songwriter, Gabrielle Aplin. It features a very common IV-I-VI-V chord progression in the key of G and includes a simple travis picking pattern. The challenge in this song lies within the tempo, which is quite fast. It also requires changing from one fingerpicking-pattern to another.

Enjoy this level 3 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

lmc831

Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:18 pm

Hi Vanessa!

You are cranking out some really good songs! I look forward to each week to see what have as your Lesson!

Lisa :)

michelew

Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:25 pm

I'm with you Lisa; whole-heartedly. I don't have much time to watch and work on lessons at the moment, but I've been LOVING all of the lessons you put up Nessa. I've really been looking forward to them and enjoying them in a major way.

It's also been good to get some cool songs that we can get down in a relatively short time while still working on a bunch of skills.

I love that this one uses a primary chord shape that you're sliding around and the energy in this song. I like the slight unusual chords in there too.

Getting this up to speed. Haha! Now THAT may take a little while.

As always, your eye for detail, your enthusiasm which is contagious and the clear way you've explained this is just awesome.

Your play through is a lot of fun (especially as this could be a sad song) and just GREAT! Your performance brought a big smile to my face. :)

Another FANTASTIC lesson Nessa. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your work.

Thanks!

Shel

TGNesh

Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:59 am

Thanks so much sweet ladies! :) :)

Lisa: So very glad you're enjoying those :cheer: , sure hope I can live up to it! :ohmy: :P

Michele: Gosh......Shel! :blush: Absolutely LOVED reading your comment!! :cheer: You never ever fail to make me smile REALLY BIG!!!!! :woohoo: And now get it up to speed woman! :P

Ness

haoli25

Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:07 am

When I first saw this lesson, I thought, 'Uh-oh, A GIRL SONG'. But who can resist that great Nessa smile in the lesson invitation? I have to admit that watching the lesson and then playing it was kind of fun for me. Also, I'm feeling kind of pretty now too. :laugh: :silly: :woohoo: :laugh:

Bill

michelew

Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:02 am

Ooooh Bill! Don't teeeease us like that.

Now I'm desperate to see you playing this song and looking all preeeeeeeddy. :)

Don't worry too much,. While I've been hoping to develop a deeper voice, playing all of these boy songs hasn't put hair on my chest. So I'm guessing that playing girl songs won't put boobs on yours. :) (It certainly hasn't enhanced mine any. ;) )

But...pretty I gotta see. :P

TGNesh

Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:34 am

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I gotta see that too! :woohoo: And what a sweet comment Bill! :kiss:

But seriously, guys, didn't we want more femalesongs on the site??? :dry:

And I mean, what in the world are we, females (yes, we're the minority here), doing here at TG then?? 90% are male-songs.... :blink: ......i never ever think, when a lesson comes out, 'uh-oh a MALE SONG'! :ohmy: (Indeed, still no hair on my chest! :P )

:) :) :)

haoli25 wrote:
When I first saw this lesson, I thought, 'Uh-oh, A GIRL SONG'. But who can resist that great Nessa smile in the lesson invitation? I have to admit that watching the lesson and then playing it was kind of fun for me. Also, I'm feeling kind of pretty now too. :laugh: :silly: :woohoo: :laugh:

Bill

haoli25

Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:49 am

tgvanessa wrote:

And I mean, what in the world are we, females (yes, we're the minority here), doing here at TG then?? 90% are male-songs....

Looks like the mantle falls to you, Nessa, to make TG more 'chick-friendly'. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We do need more female artists represented on the site.

Here are a few of my favorites;

Lucinda Williams
Bonnie Raitt
Shawn Colvin
Patty Griffin
Gillian Welch

Bill

daryl

Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:15 am

haoli25 wrote:
tgvanessa wrote:

And I mean, what in the world are we, females (yes, we're the minority here), doing here at TG then?? 90% are male-songs....

Looks like the mantle falls to you, Nessa, to make TG more 'chick-friendly'. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We do need more female artists represented on the site.

Here are a few of my favorites;

Lucinda Williams
Bonnie Raitt
Shawn Colvin
Patty Griffin
Gillian Welch

Bill
Add Janis Ian, Linda Ronstadt, and Carole King to the list (if you're making one).

michelew

Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:22 am

If you boys are making lists, how about specifying the songs you'd like to learn too. :). Or at least ones that you think would make good lessons.

Just a suggestion.

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic