>> Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall - Country Blues III with Lynn: Fishing Blues

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:31 am

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

In this part of Lynn’s lesson we worked on the instrumental version of Fishing Blues, paying particular attention to left hand fingering options. We looked at the pros and cons of using the left thumb to fret bass notes, as well as comparing using 2 or 3 fingers on the right hand.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... blues.html

familyman4

Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:18 pm

Nice lesson.

I use my thumb for bass notes occasionally too and find it to be another tool when the need is there.

Thanks for sharing Lynn!
Bart

sbutler

Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:21 am

Neil, Since I started "day one" on this site, Based on the lessons that I was working on, I have developed a fear of using my thumb for any notes. Mostly because I was afraid you'd hunt me down and give me 20 lashes with a used guitar string if you caught me. Consequently it's something that is now pretty hard for me to do.

So now that I've see a few lessons where you make exceptions, I guess I'll have to start working on that as well. Dang, I thought I could skip that B)

Scott

auntlynnie

Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:11 am

Hey Scott,
I think he made the exception with me because I've got 45 years of ingrained bad habits, and there are just some that are not gonna go away.
I do, however, think that in some cases, it is a useful technique (at least that's how I defend myself).
Lynn

dekotaj

Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:11 am

Hey Lynn.

Good work. Sorry to say, I just got it, your auntlynnie. WOW quick huh.HA HA!!

I have a question?? Maybe Neil will be able to answer or you. I have this habit of holding the guitar at about 45 degrees from my body like you do. and not so straight up and down. ( if that makes scene ). I find I have a real hard time keeping the neck of the guitar from moving around when I release a chord. The neck wants to jump forward on me. Is this a guitar position problem, or I'm I just using to much pressure on the chord???

Thanks Kev

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic