>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Love For A Child - Jason Mraz

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:34 am

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Love For A Child is another beautiful track from Jason Mraz’ album, We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things, and is written about the divorce of his parents when he was a young boy and how it had affected him as a child and grownup.

This lesson is based on how he performs it live, when it’s just him and his guitar on stage. Since he has played this in several different ways over time, we will take a look at how he fingerpicks it, how to just strum it, or do a combination of both. It features a very nice melodic intro along with several barre chords from the E, A and even C families. Also, a few tricky chord shapes in the chorus make this a hard song for beginning guitar players.

Enjoy this level 5 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

willem

Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:46 pm

Vanessa,,if you wrote this song the title would be ''a love for Jason Mraz''..lol,,I found the intro a bit classic sounding,,'m I right,,,??

would you buy a ticket if he toured Holland?

Willem

michelew

Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:50 pm

I DEFINITELY want to learn how to play it. It's a truly gorgeous song and I have no doubt Nessa that you'll be including EVERYTHING I need to get this down and sounding authentic.

I won't have a chance to look at this until tomorrow. I'm dying to start. As usual, you've whet my appetite in a HUGE way.

Well I did want this to be a JM year and to work on my barre chords too, so my wish has come true. :)

Thank you., thank you, thank you. I suspect you'll have me in tears when I listen to your play through.

Nessa - You're the best! :kiss: :kiss: :lol:

Shel

Willem - I saw him in concert recently. WOW!

michelew

Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:24 pm

I just couldn't wait til tomorrow to watch Nessa perform this song. That's Tooooooo long.

WOW! WOW! WOW! Gosh Ness you play this SO beautifully. I'm all choked up now, as I suspected I would be.

I love all of the different ways that you've put expression into this and I'll be studying it so I can do them too.

You make it look SO easy, even the crazy stretches and the C-barre. But then, ... That's what super musos do. :) :) :)

You're amazing, you really are.

Jason would be proud.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! - Gorgeous. :) ;) :) :kiss:

Shel

michelew

Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:59 pm

Guess who? Yep! Me again. :) B) :silly:

I just COULDN'T wait. Where there's a will, there's a way. :)

There is SO much information in here Nessa; Teacher extraordinaire. I'm going to have to watch this like a Gazillion times to get all the good stuff in here into my head and under my fingers. I LOVE all of the details in here especially the slap on at the end which is SO COOL! You make it look so relaxed, I'll be trying to get that quality into it (while playing those crazy chords in the chorus :) ). I REALLY LOVE the way you show how it can be played differently and how to vary it depending on mood.

I just can't wax lyrically enough. It's brilliant!

Of course now I'm going to have to take my classical out of open G....I'd just put it in last night to start learning Longer....I NEED another classical :) :) :)

It's nice being so spoiled for choice. You and Neil have been putting up such great songs lately that my marshmallow syndrome has kicked in in a MAJOR way. :) what a terrible problem to have right?!

This is a WONDERFUL lesson. Your teaching just becomes more irresistible (if that's possible).

Thanks Nessa. I LOVE this lesson. It's packed with great stuff to learn, it's a fantastic song and a MUST for any Jason Mraz fan.

Shel

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:11 am

Vanessa, I'm really impressed with the way you have matched your presentation style to Neil's so easily. Its really clear, warm and informing. Seems like you've been doing it this way all your life! Excellent teaching style matching the content.

familyman4

Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:45 pm

Wow, what a great job on this lesson!

1st - I had never heard this song before. However, I loved it. It is emotional and really written from the heart of someone that had been through this tough time.

2nd - I have started a habit with TG lessons. I go directly to the play through before watching anything else, including the original artist version. I was again blown away by your playing, singing and fantastic ability to bring life to the words! Now I can go back and learn the song from the rest of the lesson sections but I have a completed road map of how it should be done.

3rd - This also gives me the feeling of you "busking the song" for us, but with benefits :) Not only do I get to hear you play & sing your songs, but now you teach the songs too. It just doesn't get any better than that!

4th - Orange is a great color for you! If you could find a orange blouse with palm trees flowing in the breeze, that would be perfect for Totally Guitars attire. :laugh:

Thanks for another great lesson!

Bart

TGNesh

Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:14 am

Oh how you guys and gal know how to make my weekend!!!!! :cheer: :cheer:

Willem: Yep you're right, I just LOVE Jason Mraz!! But hey, can you blame me??! He's a great vocalist, great guitarplayer and great songwriter, what more could one ask for???!!! :P And yes, if he toured here I'd absolutely go and see him. He was here november 2012, but I hadn't discovered him back then....... :( :( :( .......as for the guitarplaying, I think it sounds a bit classical since he is playing a nylon string guitar! ;)

Michele: Shel....... :blush: :blush: :blush: how can I ever respond in a way that does justice to your OVERWHELMINGLY SWEET comments......???!!! I take it you liked it right??????!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :P ;) :cheer: :silly: Thanks so very much sweet friend! As you know, I LOVE JM too, so this won't be the last one! ;) And I'm just so glad that you think I do a well enough job to teach his songs. Anyway...... :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: THANK YOU!! :cheer:

Chris: Now that's a major compliment Chris!! :cheer: I have always loved Neil's teaching and teachingstyle/presentation, which is why I signed up for TG in the first place. If I can match a little of that, then...... :woohoo: Thank you very much, I SURE appreciate it, especially coming from another teacher/coach! ;)

Bart: Wow Bart......On top of all those heartwarming comments, there were you :blush: ! And gosh, how you've made your point, I was thrilled to read it and yeah, smiling, smiling, smiling!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: I'm also very glad to hear that you liked the song in the first place and that I did it a little justice. He just sings and plays this so powerful and emotional....And yeah, the Play Through does give me a feeling of uploading a song for busking/review which I have done many times as a 'student' and you're right, to even teach what I've uploaded is just fantastic, since I LOVE teaching! Anyway, thanks so much for taking the time to get into what it is exactly that you like about the lesson, I of course need feedback too. Alright, orange with palmtrees, I'll try to find such a shirt, haha! :laugh: Thanks again Bart!

TGNess B) :P

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic