>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Coming Into Los Angeles - Arlo Guthrie

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:52 am

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Coming Into Los Angeles was one of a handful of radio hits Arlo Guthrie had as his career was getting off the ground in the late 1960s. His performance at Woodstock showed his youthful exuberance, but probably not his best musicianship. This lesson is done as an ear training exercise, so don’t look at the chart until you watch the first couple segments. There is also a segment with thoughts about playing lead in a minor key.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

willem

Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:59 pm

A lot of Libanon stuff smokers in the video...

TGNesh

Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:05 pm

'New York State throughway is closed, man!....can you dig that...??!' :cheer:

thereshopeyet

Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:56 pm

I don't know much of Arlo Guthrie

Looks like a great lesson.

Thanks

:)

dekotaj

Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:53 am

tgvanessa wrote:
'New York State throughway is closed, man!....can you dig that...??!' :cheer:

(Can you dig it.) Love it Ness !!

Hey Neil, I was looking at this lesson yesterday. I saw the guitar stand in front of the neck and said ( crap not a can you figure out this song lesson). So I started to watch it. And could not even guess what chords you were playing. But that did not stop me from looking at the ( did you hear this, Part ). Now that is were the lesson started to make a lot of sense to me. I was try to guess what chords you were playing.That was the wrong thing to be listening for. I never would have though of listening for changing in the bass note and the bottom string to find the chord. For me I would have to use some kind of slow downer to hear all of that. But what a great point. Thank you.
Kev

trix606

Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:11 am

Anyone having trouble downloading the chart on this one? I get a log in prompt when I try even though I am logged in and can download other charts just fine.

I always loved this song since I first heard it on the Woodstock album. That progression always gives me chills (the minor key of course).
Arlo is such a great storyteller I was cracking up listening to some of the YouTube versions of this song.

Thanks for this lesson, I love these types of lessons, they push me to break away from just recreating what is on a chart and have me listen and think about what is going on.
Of course given my original problem that is a given with this one. :)

Thanks!

Harry

trix606

Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:55 am

Solved my problem, tried a different browser and it worked. Go figure.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic