>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - The Fool On The Hill Project - Beatles

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGNesh

Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:53 am

That's all good to hear Jean! Looking forward to read what you come up with in the time ahead, hope you're having a good weekend yourself! :)

fjeanmur wrote:
Hi everyone!

I see that this thread has fallen down a bit, so I thought that I would say that I'm still in the game. Things have gotten a bit busy, so I only just finished watching part 2 of the project.

I think I'm on the right track, but when I get a minute I want to check what I've done with what Neil explained in the second segment. I was pulling my hair out last week, but it was worth it. I learned a lot. So if I get stuck, I'll give a holler. Have a good weekend, everyone!

Jean

thereshopeyet

Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:52 am

Hello Jean

It's taken me a while to sort through the fret boards I'd drawn over, it got a bit messy !
I've copied what I did over to chord charts in the same manner you did.
I'm not sure yet what chord voicing are practical or not practical as the case may be !!
I'll also need to review Neils part 2 again I keep looking at this stuff when I'm tired.... not such a good idea.
I also need to look at what every one else has done to date in the forum.

I keep getting mixed up with the chord formulas for Major 7 and Dominant 7 chord but I've got that sorted to now I think
My attachment here contains a brief note to help me remember should I forget again.

Still not sure about the practical aspects of this project other than the common "Fool" aspect I have with it !!!

:laugh: :laugh:
Please don't include this attachment in any quotes within the forum to prevent cluttering topic with duplication Also, it may contain errors, if so please let me know, thanks.
http://www.totallyguitars.com/images/fb ... ogress.zip

daryl

Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:06 am

Demot, in your Chord Voicing PDF file the formula for the D6 should read "1 3 5 6" (not "1 3 5 7") and the "Em/D + E7" should read "Em/D + Em7".

thereshopeyet

Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:32 am

Thanks.

fjeanmur

Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:45 am

thereshopeyet wrote:
[quote]Hello Jean

It's taken me a while to sort through the fret boards I'd drawn over, it got a bit messy !
I've copied what I did over to chord charts in the same manner you did.
I'm not sure yet what chord voicing are practical or not practical as the case may be !!
I'll also need to review Neils part 2 again I keep looking at this stuff when I'm tired.... not such a good idea.
I also need to look at what every one else has done to date in the forum.

I keep getting mixed up with the chord formulas for Major 7 and Dominant 7 chord but I've got that sorted to now I think
My attachment here contains a brief note to help me remember should I forget again.

Still not sure about the practical aspects of this project other than the common "Fool" aspect I have with it !!!

:laugh: :laugh:

/quote]

I'm glad to see everyone is still with this. Yeah, this is the type of thing you can't process when you're tired or unfocused. Tomorrow I'll have some uninterrupted quiet time to have another look. Today we're going to take my daughter used vinyl shopping B)

But I think this project has been very practical. It's allowing us to put those theory lessons into practice. Gosh, after this, I won't forget that in a D6 chord, you need the 6th note, but in the Em7, that 7th is flatted! It becomes more real when you have to do it--although I also have felt like a Fool while trying to figure it all out!

Good luck everyone. I'll be sure to get something posted by Tuesday.

Jean

thereshopeyet

Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:47 am

Daryl

I've corrected the mistakes you mention, if you spot more let me know.

Dermot

fjeanmur

Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:00 am

Hi everyone!

For those of you who are interested, here is my final answer on the chords. Let me know if something doesn't seem right. Otherwise, I think I'm ready for the next part.

Jean http://www.totallyguitars.com/images/fb ... ill_Pt.zip

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic