>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - The Fool On The Hill Project - Beatles

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
guitardude7

Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:28 pm

Jean,

On the C7 I think you want to have the E be the bass note as it is the 3rd and also then you could use the open low E for it. Also, the 7th is flatted. So, for the top 3 strings use C G Bb.

thereshopeyet

Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:52 pm

Jean, William, GuitarDude7

I took a blank fretboard sheet for each chord and circled the relevant notes
on the three high strings and the relevant bass string, as Neil demonstrates in the video.

There are 4 voicing along the fretboard for some chords.

I've worked out most of the voicings for each chord.
Although not sure if they are correct.

I think the object now is to work out which voicing to use for each chord
going from the first to the second to the third..... etc.... as in the progression sequence.
Some voicings will not be practical from that point of view.... I think.

I'm not sure about the other task though, where Neil demos using his hands piano style.
How you do that on the guitar :ohmy: I'm at a loss.

My head hurts now.

Dermot

guitardude7

Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:19 pm

Dermot,

I think he just means to pluck the 4 strings (bass note and top 3 strings) with your fingers instead of strumming all 6 strings.

guitardude7

Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:55 pm

Jean,

A follow up to my response on the C7 chord: I looked at my lesson notes and Neil said to use a B for the bass note for the Bm7, either the A string second fret, or the low E 6th fret. So maybe if it is not a slash chord just use the root note as the bass string (?). Wouldn't allow different voicings up the neck though. I think he is going to get into the other chords in the next lesson and wants us to concentrate on the different voicings up the neck for the D6 and Em/D right now and also for the Em7 and the A7 as these have open string bass notes.

fjeanmur

Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:58 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
Jean, William, GuitarDude7

I took a blank fretboard sheet for each chord and circled the relevant notes
on the three high strings and the relevant bass string, as Neil demonstrates in the video.

There are 4 voicing along the fretboard for some chords.

I've worked out most of the voicings for each chord.
Although not sure if they are correct.

I think the object now is to work out which voicing to use for each chord
going from the first to the second to the third..... etc.... as in the progression sequence.
Some voicings will not be practical from that point of view.... I think.

I'm not sure about the other task though, where Neil demos using his hands piano style.
How you do that on the guitar :ohmy: I'm at a loss.

My head hurts now.

Dermot
Hi Dermot,

My head was hurting too. I also looked up a fretboard chart so I could look for the notes I needed. I guess that's fair, right? As far as the "texture" of the piano, I'm not sure about that. I guess Neil will get to that in the next segment. We just have to decide which voicing goes where in the song. I'll try tomorrow although Sundays are hard around here. We have one week. I have to go over my my D6 chords because I did something wrong there. And I also want to go over the other things that others have posted. I think Neil knows that if we get through this, we will have learned a lot.

Jean

TGNesh

Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:52 am

Alright leaving the discussion.

willem

Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:11 am

I really like such a project,,if the video below is'nt any kind of use i will delete it..

Intro is Two measers D6 with halve notes,,then of to quarters(the bass note sounds over two measers) everything plucking..

Maybe I would play the D6 at second position and the Em/D at third position(Vanessa's post) 'cos I hear the sound goes up..

Maybe I would play Em7 this way(also with the fingers showed) 0xx787 Image

followed up with the A7(also with the fingers showed)..x0x989 Image

fjeanmur

Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:36 am

I'm not looking. I'm not looking. I'm going to figure this out for myself!

willem

Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:37 am

the line Em7-A7-D6-Bm7

Em7 Image xx2433

A7 Image x0x020
D6 Image xx0202
Bm7 Image x2x232

I think in this order follows the bass line good..not sure though

thereshopeyet

Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:00 am

I've written out all the chord voicings for each chord.
Not sure if they are correct though !!!
It's a confusing task.

I assume I've to choose a suitable practical chord voicing for each chord as it occurs in the tune progression,
so moving from chord to chord is as easy as possible.

Jean
As for the left hand and right hand piano texture to guitar.
Would it be okay to assume that the piano left hand (bass ) would translate to the guitar bass pattern in some way?

As for learning something Jean..... I've learnt I've got a lot to learn :ohmy: :S

I still stand by my earlier comment..... that files and images be posted in zip file attachments.
We then have a choice to look or not look at suggestions.

I'm now waiting for the next part before looking at other suggestions in the forum.

:)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic