>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - The Fool On The Hill Project - Beatles

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
willem

Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:51 am

The most I learned so far is knowing the chord formula (1-3-5(6)) and a way to find them with the help from the notes on string one,,very interesting..

Willem

fjeanmur

Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:55 pm

Jean
As for the left hand and right hand piano texture to guitar.
Would it be okay to assume that the piano left hand (bass ) would translate to the guitar bass pattern in some way?

As for learning something Jean..... I've learnt I've got a lot to learn :ohmy: :S

I still stand by my earlier comment..... that files and images be posted in zip file attachments.
We then have a choice to look or not look at suggestions.

I'm now waiting for the next part before looking at other suggestions in the forum.

:)[/quote]

Yes, that's what I think Neil said. Paul Mc Cartney had a single note in the bass with then the chords in the right hand. I looked at it a bit today, but Sunday is not much of a guitar day for me. I'll look at it more tomorrow. I'm with you though. I'll post my answers in a zip file so as not to give the answers away before others are ready--assuming I got it right.

Jean

willem

Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:00 pm

This is my last one but final answer on the D6 and Em/D chord... I figured it out with the help from the notes on the first string(not till the 12 fret)

my head hurts..

forget all my other posts for now, this is my final answer for this week..

Willem Image

thereshopeyet

Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:31 pm

Thanks.

fjeanmur

Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:02 am

Hi project group!

I want to know how far we should try to get for the first segment. I just listened to the video again and I thought Neil first said to work on just the D6 and the Em chords. Then in typical Neil style I think he started to get ahead of himself :laugh: and then went on to talk about all of the other chords. So . . .

I have gotten through the D6, the Em, the A7 and through three of the C7 chords. (One of these sounds really crummy, though.). If everyone is working ahead, I will too. If we are going to stop with the first two (D6 and Em), tomorrow I'lll cross my fingers, post what I have and then wait for someone to tell me if I have anything wrong.

Just please let me know how we are going to pace this.

Jean

TGNeil

Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:05 am

Hi Gang,

This seems to be going really well and I am glad to see so many of you working on it. You are absolutely on the right track and going ahead on your own is fine. It looks like many of you might even be ahead of the next couple segments. By the way, the piano texture I mentioned mostly consists of the thumb playing the bass notes (left hand piano) and the 3 fingers picking out the 3 notes of the chord (right hand piano).

Neil

willem

Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:27 pm

TGNeil wrote:
Hi Gang,

This seems to be going really well and I am glad to see so many of you working on it. You are absolutely on the right track and going ahead on your own is fine. It looks like many of you might even be ahead of the next couple segments. By the way, the piano texture I mentioned mostly consists of the thumb playing the bass notes (left hand piano) and the 3 fingers picking out the 3 notes of the chord (right hand piano).

Neil

What I mostly see by pianists is that they play mostly in two octaves close to each other, lets say C3 and C4,,can we do that on guitar also (stupid question I guess)
:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: B)
Willem

fjeanmur

Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:00 pm

Hi gang,

Here is what I've gotten so far. Some of mine checks with Willem's. I can't find the third D6. My second chord can't be right because there is no A. I'm wracking my brains, but I can't find it. Tomorrow I'll continue with the C7. If someone who knows what they're doing, if you could check what I've done so far, that would be great. (I'm attaching a file, but I'm not sure it's a zip file. Well here goes.)

OK, I see the file didn't attach. So how would I make it a zip file? I'm working on a Mac.

willem

Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:31 pm

fjeanmur wrote:
Hi gang,

Here is what I've gotten so far. Some of mine checks with Willem's. I can't find the third D6. My second chord can't be right because there is no A. I'm wracking my brains, but I can't find it. Tomorrow I'll continue with the C7. If someone who knows what they're doing, if you could check what I've done so far, that would be great. (I'm attaching a file, but I'm not sure it's a zip file. Well here goes.)

OK, I see the file didn't attach. So how would I make it a zip file? I'm working on a Mac.
Why would you put in a zip file,,a foto will work,,or just type it..

Willem

ps I also think there aint a third D6(not on the top three strings) 'cos you will come an octave higher

TGNeil

Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:09 pm

A hint I hope I mentioned in the video- A chord that requires 4 notes can sound complete even if you omit the 5th. This should open up another D6.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic