>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - The Fool On The Hill Project - Beatles

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:18 am

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

In this lesson we work on transcribing a piano song into a guitar song, trying to duplicate the piano sound and chord voicings as much as possible. The ‘Project” part of this is that it will be presented as a series of progressive segments put out once a week or so to give everybody time to come up with their own solutions and discoveries. I hope this evolves into a Community Project where people post their thoughts and progress as we move along.

In Part 1 the assignment or goal is laid out, starting with just the chord progression and direction on how the bass notes and 3-string chords can be found on the guitar.

Enjoy this level 5 lesson project!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

TGNesh

Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:11 pm

Wow, what a cool project!! :cheer:

haoli25

Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:11 pm

What a great idea, Neil. This is going to be fun.

Bill

tombo1230

Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:07 pm

Brilliant idea Neil! Looking forward to the rest of this.

Tom N.

fjeanmur

Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:41 pm

So I was looking for something new. Level 5 you say? That's usually good, but this is so different, I hope I don't find myself in over my head. OK, I'm on it. I'll report back in about a week. Love your ideas Neil!

cosmicmechanic

Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:28 pm

Any credit for being a fool who lives near a hill ?

This series of lessons looks to be very motivating for painlessly (?) acquiring some theory.

Not sure I can do it in "real time", though, but no matter, a great idea for a different approach !

Pierre

sbutler

Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:46 pm

Well I've started trying and soon learned what I don't know. I guess I'm going to need more hints to get this rolling.
Scott

sbutler

Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:35 pm

sbutler wrote:
Well I've started trying and soon learned what I don't know. I guess I'm going to need more hints to get this rolling.
Scott
However, it just occurred to me to go to the lesson on Lead Shapes, triads up the neck! I may have found my clues.

thereshopeyet

Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:06 am

Neil

In the Part 1 video you give a lot of information and the demonstration using the Am and E7 chords.
I'm finding it difficult understanding what to do.

Firstly I think, I've to consider all 3 string possibilities for each chord. ( Root - open D - plus top 3 string notes)

Before I go further please confirm my thoughts.
Three string chord voicings for D6, assuming the root to be the open D string (S4)
Can you confirm from the attachment and if I'm on track or if I'm overlooking something when considering the
chord voicing possibilities for D6. If what I've done is correct I can then extent this thinking to the other chords.

The Em / D I'm assuming that the Din the bass to be the open 4th string.

Suggestion
Might I suggest that if others know what they are doing and choose to post, post their solutions in a zip file
that then gives participants like myself the option to view or not view other post content.

Please don't include this attachment in any quotes within the forum to prevent cluttering topic with duplication.
http://www.totallyguitars.com/images/fb ... icings.zip

fjeanmur

Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:57 am

thereshopeyet wrote:
[quote]Neil

Suggestion
Might I suggest that if others know what they are doing and choose to post, post their solutions in a zip file
that then gives participants like myself the option to view or not view other post content.

I think I've gotten the first couple of chords, and when I have time today, I'll go back and look at it again. I don't know if I completely understand how to capture this "texture" of the piano that Neil is talking about, but this flipping the chords around takes a little thinking through, but I'm getting it, I think.

I think it would be a good idea to post our results in a zip file so that they're not revealed right off, but I don't know how to do that. Also from my iPad, I couldn't open yours. Could you please explain how to do this? Thanks.

Jean

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic