>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - The Fool On The Hill Project - Beatles

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
willem

Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:16 pm

TGNeil wrote:
A hint I hope I mentioned in the video- A chord that requires 4 notes can sound complete even if you omit the 5th. This should open up another D6.

Well you do tell us now,,I will listen again tomorrow..

willem

Edit ,, xx0-11-12

thereshopeyet

Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:40 pm

Neil Wrote:
A hint I hope I mentioned in the video- A chord that requires 4 notes can sound complete even if you omit the 5th. This should open up another D6.
The 5th is A, .......... so would that be .....S2, Fret12 B, S3, Fret 11 F#, open S4 D ?

fjeanmur

Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:32 pm

I saw Neil's post and I looked over what I have again. Maybe I did find the other D6 without realizing it. I'm not sure because I'm in information overload. :woohoo: I found out how to make a zip file, so here it goes again. I'll work on the rest tomorrow. http://www.totallyguitars.com/images/fb ... e_Hill.zip

thereshopeyet

Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:04 pm

Jean

I had a look at your chart, that's much neater than what I've done with the fretboard charts..... it is challenge for sure.

Just spotted a mistake I made with one of the D6 Chords..... I circled two notes on the same string :blush:

I got another D6 chord across the 7th 10th and 11th frets but its a bit of a stretch.
The second D6 in your chart doubles the D, I thought we were to keep the D to the open 4th string D?

I wanted to see the chord options along the fretboard..... but now I'll make up chord charts.
Thanks for sharing your chart.

Dermot

fjeanmur

Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:30 pm

Hi Dermot,

Glad you could open the file. It may be neat, but is it accurate? I'll compare it with what you and Willem posted and then I'll have another look at what Neil sent along, but that won't be until tomorrow. Actually, I think the whole thing is getting a little easier. It's just that I had no idea of what I was doing, so at first I was so confused. This sort of thing could have been done in about five minutes on the piano, but guitar notes are still so confusing.

I'm going to spend some time on the rest of the chords tomorrow and then wait for the next installment. B)

Jean

willem

Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:01 pm

I was a bit thinkin,,It must sound like what is played on the piano!! Neil want us to find the chords from open position till upon the 12 fret,,,(I think thats not to difficult),

Then I was thinkin why??? the song can almost be played in open position,,then came to mind the chords have all diffrent voicings,,so maybe playing the song in open position is not so a good idea,,so which voicings are used on the piano,,which note of the chord is on top,,maybe thats why Neil tells us to find the diffrent chords with the help from the notes on the first string,,,I think I will go with the D6 XX0475 (the A note on top) and Em/D XX0987 (the B note on top)

Willem

PS I sure want to know how the rabbit disapeared,,with other words ''very curious for the end product''

TGNeil

Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:08 pm

Willem, and everybody else involved,

Great work and deduction! Tomorrow the next segment will come out with a few answers and a few more clues. You may not need them as it is.

Neil

sbutler

Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:16 pm

TGNeil wrote:
Willem, and everybody else involved,

Great work and deduction! Tomorrow the next segment will come out with a few answers and a few more clues. You may not need them as it is.

Neil
your gonna teach us despite ourselves aren't you! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Scott

thereshopeyet

Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:13 pm

Willem Wrote:
I sure want to know how the rabbit disapeared,,with other words ''very curious for the end product''
The magic is all done by the rabbits not the magician !!!!

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

fjeanmur

Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:54 pm

Hi everyone!

I see that this thread has fallen down a bit, so I thought that I would say that I'm still in the game. Things have gotten a bit busy, so I only just finished watching part 2 of the project.

I think I'm on the right track, but when I get a minute I want to check what I've done with what Neil explained in the second segment. I was pulling my hair out last week, but it was worth it. I learned a lot. So if I get stuck, I'll give a holler. Have a good weekend, everyone!

Jean

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic