>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - The Fool On The Hill Project - Beatles

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
thereshopeyet

Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:48 am

Thanks

thereshopeyet

Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:06 am

Thanks

sbutler

Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:11 am

thereshopeyet wrote:
Hello Jean

I am no longer able to upload files.
I tried to add to my zip file but the forum attachment uploader has a mind of it's own.
So can no longer participate.

Sorry about that.

Dermot
. Dermot, I'm with you. Some what confused. Don't know if the "lead secrets" lesson puts me on the right track or not. Neil does teach chord shapes on the the first three strings there.

Scott.

Ps , as for the upload problems, they are working on the site now.

fjeanmur

Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:12 pm

OK, guys, I'm working on this and it ain't easy. But I did watch some of the "Lead Secrets." Aassuming that I even understand this myself, I think we have to find the few chords of this song in several positions up the neck up to the 12th fret only one the first three strings.

So . . assuming that we were looking for a C chord--the three notes of the chord would be C-E-G--we would be looking for these three notes on the first three strings in different positions. Is this the right idea?

If we were looking for a C7 chord, we would look for a B instead of a G, right?

If I am right, so far I've found three positions for the D6 and three for the Em. I'm done for the day and don't want to do any more until I know I'm on the right track.

Anyone there know enough about this to check me? :dry:

Jean

willem

Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:28 pm

I don't really understand what Neil means,,D6 is a four note chord right? and I understand in the project/lesson we should'nt make duplicate notes?

D6 but on the first four strings D-A-B-F#

Em/D open first four strings. D-G-B-E

Well it is a start,,now furter on the neck but only on the top three strings???? not a real bass note Involved???

Willem

fjeanmur

Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:46 pm

Hi Willem,

If I understand this, the D is open on the 4th string, so we are looking for the other three--F#-A-B. That's how I understand it, but that's why I'm not going on until I can get someone to check me. Looking back over what I did, I see that I made two mistakes in the D6, but I think the Em chords are correct. Oh well, Neil said we have a week, right?

willem

Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:15 pm

fjeanmur wrote:
Hi Willem,

If I understand this, the D is open on the 4th string, so we are looking for the other three--F#-A-B. That's how I understand it, but that's why I'm not going on until I can get someone to check me. Looking back over what I did, I see that I made two mistakes in the D6, but I think the Em chords are correct. Oh well, Neil said we have a week, right?

aH I listen again very carefull,,,we must find three possible ways on each chord from open to furter on the neck(till fret 12)..

Willem

willem

Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:32 pm

willem wrote:
fjeanmur wrote:
Hi Willem,

aH I listen again very carefull,,,we must find three possible ways on each chord from open to furter on the neck(till fret 12)..

Willem

I think D6 has only two possibility's,,

this is the second one on the 12 and 14 frets.. Image

But thats a octave jump,,oeps

fjeanmur

Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:14 pm

Willem[/quote]

Willem,

I believe Neil said 3-4 positions depending on the chord. :)

Jean

guitardude7

Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:21 pm

Everyone here seems to be on right track. I came up with the same 2 fingerings as Willem for the first instances of D6 (xx02020) and Em/D (xx0000). The Lead Secrets: Triads lesson Neil mentioned is a good place to look too. It has a 10 page pdf file that is really helpful.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic