>> Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall -Country Blues V with Lynn – Money’s All Gone

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:23 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

This is the last part of Lynn’s lesson on Country Blues songs. We looked at her progress on Money’s All Gone, which is a fiddle tune that includes a constant eighth-note melody played over an alternating bass pattern, and later over a walking, descending bass line. We went over how important it can be to carefully work out an efficient right hand fingering to make it work. The last half of this became a general conversation on some of the guest artists who would be appearing at our upcoming International Guitar Camp: Al Stewart, Alex de Grassi, and Muriel Anderson.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... -gone.html

auntlynnie

Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:06 pm

Well, geez, I sure was talking a blue streak that day!
Yikes.
But it was good to see what we went over on "Money's All Gone"
Lynn

kanefsky

Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:17 pm

This reminds me of an exercise I got at the Mark Hanson workshop at the Healdsburg festival a couple weeks ago. Basically it's scales on top of an alternating bass line. So for example you alternate between E and C on the 4th and 5th strings in half notes using the 2nd and 3rd fingers on your left hand and thumb on your right hand while playing a C scale in quarter notes on strings 1-3 with your 1st and 4th fingers on the left hand and alternating between index and middle fingers on your right hand.

I actually found the tab on his site (except for some reason this version is in the key of A and the handout he gave at the workshop was in the key of C): http://www.accentonmusic.com/tabs/TravisPickingScales_A.pdf

--
Steve

thereshopeyet

Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:08 pm

Neil and Lynn

I've enjoyed these Country Blues FOTW's.

Thanks

Dermot

:)

auntlynnie

Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:18 pm

Thanks, Dermot - glad you are enjoying them.

Steve, thanks for posting the links to those exercises. I'm definitely going to try them out.

Lynn

TGNesh

Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:19 am

That was a very nice chat! ;)

cosmicmechanic

Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:50 pm

So nice to be in on this chat ... a privilege :)

Lynn, your demonstrations and questions regarding "Country Blues" in these visits with Neil have been of great interest to me. Extra thanks there !

Pierre

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic