>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Your Rocky Spine - Great Lake Swimmers

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:07 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Great Lake Swimmers is a Canadian band built around the melodic folk rock songs of singer-songwriter Tony Dekker. In this lesson we take a look at their hit, Your Rocky Spine, which appeared on their third studio album ‘Ongiara’. The arrangement is mostly based on Tony Dekker’s performance at ‘The Capital Bar’, although a few details of the original recording are incorporated as well. It features only five chords in the keys of Dm and F major, a simple strumming pattern, all rounded up with a lot of hammer-ons. The hammer-ons make this song a bit challenging and very fun to play.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

michelew

Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:53 pm

TGNessa,

GOSH another fantastic lesson. What a FUN, FUN, FUN and beautiful song. I LOVE it! I'm wondering whether the hammer-on segment is your longest yet. :) so many variations to choose from. We're definitely spoilt for choice. :) I love the way you describe the nuances and highlight the stray notes that catch your attention. :) they definitely add interest.

Changing the subject and being a little superficial for a second, I must say you're looking INCREDIBLY fit. Fitness model scouts will be knocking on your door anytime now I'm sure. :) summer looks GREAT on you.

Back to music... Your play through is fabulous. You sing it so sweetly and joyfully and your playing makes it all sound not only beautiful but playful too...something like that. :) I had a big idiot grin on my face the whole time.

My hammer-ons can definitely use some work and this is just a fantastically fun way to do that. Thanks SweetNess. You've made my day a smiley one and I'm really looking forward to getting into this in a major way, which I hope to do this weekend.

THANKS!!!

Shel

familyman4

Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:33 pm

I have never heard this song before today. I actually watched the original artist performance, then your play through. I like your singing and playing the best!

Great job on this song. I really like all of the hammer-ons.

Thanks!
Bart

TGNesh

Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:17 am

Michele: Aaaaah Shel..... :blush: GREAT to hear you liked the song and lesson and uh....my appearance too, haha! :laugh: :cheer: :blush: B) :cheer: I'm supposed to play this song at the weddingceremony of a friend this friday so I'm DEFINITELY glad you enjoyed the play through!! :cheer: Thanks so much my sweet friend! :kiss:

Bart: I second what I said to Shel, VERY glad you liked the play through, so you think it'll do at the wedding? :P B) Really appreciate your support Bart and your comments, which are always so kind and sweet! :cheer: Neil is right, would have LOVED to meet you at IGC, indeed maybe next year! Thanks again Bart!!

TGNessa :)

TGNesh

Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:40 am

And Shel, you're absolutely right, the hammer-ons-segment is my longest segment so far, haha! :laugh: And I so tried to keep it short, but what can you do??! :P

Also glad it made your day a smiley one!! :) :) :cheer: That's álways great to achieve! ;)

Ness

familyman4

Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:31 pm

Vanessa,

Yes ma'am, I think it will do just fine for the wedding! I am confident you will perform it well and make us all proud :)

Good luck!
Bart

Chasplaya

Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:25 am

HI Ness a quick question on the GPro measures 22 and 39 should they be alternate endings (2.) as the repeats don't seem to work as using a first ending (1.) on bars 21 and 38 implies a second different one to come, without another ending GPro doesn't seem to do the repeat.

TGNesh

Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:31 am

That's really weird Chas, I checked both files, the original one and the one which you can download from TG (they're the same though) and the verses do repeat and end differently.......hmmm.....I'll send it to you via email, see what happens.

Chasplaya wrote:
HI Ness a quick question on the GPro measures 22 and 39 should they be alternate endings (2.) as the repeats don't seem to work as using a first ending (1.) on bars 21 and 38 implies a second different one to come, without another ending GPro doesn't seem to do the repeat.

Chasplaya

Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:42 am

Its maybe an update thing with G Pro, I'll check that out

Chasplaya

Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:45 am

Chasplaya wrote:
Its maybe an update thing with G Pro, I'll check that out
98 MB of updates coming my way might make a difference lol Will let you know.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic