>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Almost Lucy - Al Stewart

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:23 am

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

As many of you know, Al Stewart is one of my favorite songwriter/guitarists. Almost Lucy happens to be one of my favorite songs of his, released in 1978 on his Time Passages album, and I have been fortunate enough to perform this tune with Al on multiple occasions. The slightly skewed chord progression, cryptic story line, great rhythmic feel, along with nice lead fills originally played by Tim Renwick, combine to make a valuable lesson from many angles. This lesson focuses on the progression and details about creating a second guitar part using 4-string triads up the neck, derived from the E, A, and D families of chord shapes.

Enjoy this level 5 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

TGNeil

Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:30 am

Update,

Over the weekend I worked on the lead that I said was not covered in the lesson. If anybody is interested I could at least add the tab as an attachment to the lesson.

Neil

thereshopeyet

Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:55 pm

Neil

Looks like a great lesson.
Time Passages was a great album, Almost Lucy's a great song.

Having tab available is always a help for me, so if your willing to add it, thanks.

Dermot

:)

willem

Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:03 pm

Neil I am so jealous at your thumb,,I think you have a very special thumb..it looks so supple/flexible too..

I see almost every lesson has a study and I sure 'm interested in second guitar/playing/parts/study

unclewalt

Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:52 am

I'd never heard this one before, I don't think. I like it. I hear a little bit of "Highwayman" in it. And yes, the tab would be great.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic