>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Kemp’s Jig - Guitar Instrumental

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:18 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Kemp’s Jig is a traditional instrumental piece from the Renaissance. It was typically played on the lute but there are many different arrangements of it out there. It is a classic, and somewhat simple example of music from that time, using a couple basic melodies and some embellishment on each of them. This lesson is done with tab only, in true Renaissance fashion.

Enjoy this level 3 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

BigBear

Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:24 pm

If that song is a level 3 I need to start over. Or find a kazoo to play instead a guitar. sheesh! ;)

suziko

Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:38 pm

I might have to learn this! Reminds me a bit of when I learned Greensleeves. This looks like a good one for brushing up fingerpicking technique, too.

sbutler

Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:50 pm

BigBear wrote:
If that song is a level 3 I need to start over. Or find a kazoo to play instead a guitar. sheesh! ;)
The kazoo would sound pretty cool. You must post a video of you playing Kemp's jig with it though :laugh: :laugh:

TGNeil

Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:00 pm

BigBear wrote:
Bear,

I think we use a different scale for classical pieces, probably going back to our Hector Garcia days. On the other scale it is probably 6 or 7. As we develop the classical section of the site I may have to go back and reclassify some lessons.

Neil

BigBear

Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:06 pm

TGNeil wrote:
BigBear wrote:
Bear,

I think we use a different scale for classical pieces, probably going back to our Hector Garcia days. On the other scale it is probably 6 or 7. As we develop the classical section of the site I may have to go back and reclassify some lessons.

Neil
Thanks Neil!! I'm watching you play that song and thinking Level 3. He must be kidding!! :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic