>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - June Hymn - The Decemberists

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
thereshopeyet

Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:21 am

Willem Wrote:
I get your pic so to say,thx..
1/4 notes to 1/16 notes and mess the strums up, I get you too Willem.

I like this lesson but it's left me very nervous !
My breathing is restricted and I can't..... strummmm any moreeeee.

I'm away to sit in the corner!

:( Image

michelew

Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:26 am

Willem, the same goes for you, sorry if it came across as ridicule. I think it's amazing that Ness goes to the work she does to write out all of the notes when she could just explain it and give us the chart. That's her dedication and because she gets that people learn differently. I learn by a combination of things, I definitely learn by reading the music but I get a better feel for the song by listening to it being played and trying to play along. We're probably different, but ... Well my point was that listening and playing rather than puzzling out the notation might sometimes work better for you too.

... I do hear you.

M

TGNesh

Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:28 am

Dermot, I'm sorry if you get the feeling that you can't ask questions.....that's certainly not my intention, nor Shel's ....although it can be frustrating when everything is layed out in the lesson already. I take a lot of time to get things right and to provide all information needed. Also the lesson is about how to play a song, not how to write it down in standard notation.

Then again, in this thread you haven't asked a question, you answered Willem and your picture wasn't correct.....and then you told me how I should've written it down....(that picture was correct though, how I wrote it is correct too..)

Still I'm very pleased that you like this lesson, thank you for your earlier comment about that, it was very nice to read it! :)

Now lets shake hands! :P

Edit: And get out of that corner, breath and play the guitar! ;)

willem

Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:39 am

michelew wrote:
Willem, the same goes for you, sorry if it came across as ridicule. I think it's amazing that Ness goes to the work she does to write out all of the notes when she could just explain it and give us the chart. That's her dedication and because she gets that people learn differently. I learn by a combination of things, I definitely learn by reading the music but I get a better feel for the song by listening to it being played and trying to play along. We're probably different, but ... Well my point was that listening and playing rather than puzzling out the notation might sometimes work better for you too.

... I do hear you.

M

No Sorry needed,,I was a bit distracked and confused by the notation(but after all I was right,maybe my typing English was worse) and you are so! right of getting the feel by playing along the original music..I do that more and more..or invest in nice backing tracks..or play with friends....etc tec..

Ta,,, :laugh: B) oh I really liked two and a half cent!!!!! :cheer:

Willem

michelew

Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:53 am

Willem,

Phew!

Apparently 2.5 cents is € 0.017 - or as we also say...bugger all. (Not much). :) I'm glad to give you a giggle.

michelew

Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:59 am

Nessa,

I just watched your play through. WOW! No one should be that skilled at everything they touch, playing the guitar, singing so beautifully and the harp too; you're amazing. I LOVE hearing you play the harp and this song really needs it to sound authentic.

It's ABSOLUTELY NOT too fast, the tempo is very close to the album version and it sounds fantastic and full of life and LOTS of fun. Smiling here!

The variation you manage to get into this is great, it's so you.

I couldn't wait for dessert. ;)

I LOVED it!

Shel

thereshopeyet

Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:32 am

Click Image To Enlarge:

TGNesh

Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:41 am

Well come out and eat then!! :P

thereshopeyet wrote:
Click Image To Enlarge:

michelew

Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:53 am

I have choooooocolaaaate..... :P (disclaimer...though I may have eaten it all by the time you try to collect :) ).

I've been teaching my pup to shake using treats, ... Maybe you'd prefer a beefy chew. Mmmmmmm... Delicious. :)

(Mandatory furry photo for the day)

willem

Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:27 am

michelew wrote:
I have choooooocolaaaate..... :P (disclaimer...though I may have eaten it all by the time you try to collect :) ).

I've been teaching my pup to shake using treats, ... Maybe you'd prefer a beefy chew. Mmmmmmm... Delicious. :)

(Mandatory furry photo for the day)

SIT,,HIGH-FIVE!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic