>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - June Hymn - The Decemberists

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:30 am

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

The Decemberists are an indie folk rock band from Portland, Oregon, United States, fronted by singer/songwriter Colin Meloy. June Hymn, featuring Gillian Welch and David Rawlings on backing vocals, is the eighth track of their album, The King Is Dead, which was released in 2011. It features an easy chord progression in the key of G and in this lesson we take a look at how to connect chords to each other with ascending and descending bass lines, which happen in lots of songs. Also the hammer-ons, which can be used in many songs, add a very nice touch to it. Colin Meloy plays this song slower when performing it by himself, but the strumming pattern can be a bit challenging since it’s quite fast on the original. It needs to be played randomly, although a few options are presented.

Enjoy this level 3 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

reiver

Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:44 am

Nice lesson, Ness. I think I know some people who are going to be happy to see this............

Stuart

Music Junkie

Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:58 am

Vanessa:

I just watched the Preview section, and have to say that it looks very interesting and kind of fun. I am not very familiar with The Decemberists, but will have to look into them further. Lots of folks here seem to enjoy their tunes... :)

Jason

willem

Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:38 pm

Wow,,I love the lay out with 16 notes and strumming those measers,,I think I understand but have one Q,,

Q,,Looking at the tab(measer 5) you wrote at first two eight note,the second eight has a dot,,is that dot count two ?

Willem

TGNesh

Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:58 pm

Watch the lesson Willem! ;)

Btw I thought you were able read standard notation??? :dry:

willem wrote:
Wow,,I love the lay out with 16 notes and strumming those measers,,I think I understand but have one Q,,

Q,,Looking at the tab(measer 5) you wrote at first two eight note,the second eight has a dot,,is that dot count two ?

Willem

suziko

Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:58 pm

This sure brings back some fun memories for me!! I love this song and it's great to see a lesson on it, Ness!! Well done on the harp, too, on the play through!

Suzi

willem

Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:36 pm

tgvanessa wrote:

willem wrote:

Willem
Its count two,,i can read it,,some times you want to be sure,,

I watched the lesson,,mmmm I watch it agian..its not that I want to learn the song,,its more the strumming..

Willem

suziko

Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:42 pm

Pick up The King is Dead. I don't think you'll regret it!!

Music Junkie wrote:
Vanessa:

I just watched the Preview section, and have to say that it looks very interesting and kind of fun. I am not very familiar with The Decemberists, but will have to look into them further. Lots of folks here seem to enjoy their tunes... :)

Jason

TGNesh

Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:44 pm

Yes I get it, the strumming, but uh.....it's not beat two! :)

willem wrote:
tgvanessa wrote:

willem wrote:

Willem
Its count two,,i can read it,,some times you want to be sure,,

I watched the lesson,,mmmm I watch it agian..its not that I want to learn the song,,its more the strumming..

Willem

Music Junkie

Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:47 pm

I marked it down in my phone as a "check this out"..... I will do some listening tonight after work.... B)

suziko wrote:
Pick up The King is Dead. I don't think you'll regret it!!

Music Junkie wrote:
Vanessa:

Jason

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic