>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Sunshine Road - Owen Campbell

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:40 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Owen Campbell is one of Australia's most talented slide guitar players and songwriter; playing guitar since he was 9 years old, his gravelly blend of blues, roots, soul and country makes him "Possibly one of the best performers to come out of Australia for quite some time, amazing lap steel slide guitar and a song writing ability that belies his years” (Argus News Ireland). His unflinching ability to sing it sweet with a voice that belies his young age, while playing a “dirty” blend of simple melodies to create a perfect blend of blues style music.

Campbell’s combination of a gutsy old time sound married with pure authenticity and incredible energy creates honest music that tells a rich story. With noted influences from The Band, Van Morrison, Townes Van Zandt, a little Johnny Cash, and the raspy emotion of Ray Lamontagne; Campbell’s bluesy drawl mixed with his soulful slide guitar beckons his audience to join him in his steamy, swampy, growling world. Both albums by Owen have peaked at #1 on the Australian Blues iTunes charts and many other countries around the world.

Scott Nicholson and Matt Williams first met at an Australia Day function while living in Los Angeles, sharing a common love for music they quickly established a strong friendship. Scott was currently managing one of Australia's most talented slide guitar players, Owen Campbell, while Matt was actively involved in building one of the best online guitar lesson sites, Totally Guitars.

Wanting to be able to work on a project together a plan was developed to have artist Owen Campbell do a lesson for his own song. Sunshine Road is the first release to the Totally Guitars website as a lesson done by Owen Campbell himself, the song is off his hit album titled after the Sunshine Road.

Enjoy this Target Member Exclusive level 7 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

willem

Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:41 pm

Crazy sound,,I really like slide guitar in this way...

Willem

TGNesh

Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:10 pm

Cool!! B) :)

thereshopeyet

Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:46 pm

Wow

That's a great fun lesson.
I need some Sunshine.... :ohmy: :dry:

I purchased a Dunlop Blues Bottle ages ago when Neil put up his lessons.
I tried it briefly but ..... well you know how it goes..... :S :blush:

It came with this instruction leaflet which has a few tips on it.

I stuck a piece of masking tape on the side of my fretboard to number the frets from the capo.... :blush: :S

It's not easy that's for sure but it's fun.

I wonder though if my action's too low for slide guitar..... I don't get just such a bluesy twang !!

Dermot

Click Image To Enlarge

Click Image To Enlarge

Click Image To Enlarge :blush: :S :blush:

tombo1230

Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:16 pm

Cool lesson. Looks like fun. :)

Tom N.

wiley

Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:40 pm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic