>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Annan Water - Decemberists

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:43 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Annan Water is another fascinating song by The Decemberists, taken from their concept album, The Hazards Of Love, which tells the dramatic and romantic story about William and Margaret. This is a fairly short lesson, since the guitar part is quite straight all the way through. It should be played with a consistent, steady, uptempo strumming pattern, and needs some individual bass notes picked out.

Enjoy this level 3 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

willem

Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:03 pm

wow Ness,,I really like this time you go into the lyrics,,,hug,hug..
Lets see if I get that with the words...huggy

Willem

TGNesh

Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:24 pm

Aaaawh Willem! :cheer: A major hug right back at ya!! :kiss: Very pleased that you liked that! :) I indeed thought that the song would make a little more sense once you kinda know what it is about. However, they say if you wanna expand your vocabulary, just listen to Colin Meloy's lyrics! ;) (Trust me, he uses lots of words that I have idea what it really means and I thought I speak english well enough, haha! :S :laugh: :P ) Thanks Willem!!

willem wrote:
wow Ness,,I really like this time you go into the lyrics,,,hug,hug..
Lets see if I get that with the words...huggy

Willem

TGNesh

Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:25 pm

suziko

Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:57 pm

Yeah!!! I loved your play through, Nessa!! And it's so nice to see a lesson on this wonderful song.

Suzi

TGNesh

Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:34 pm

Heeeeeeey you!! :) B) :) SO glad you liked the play through, I dó know you love the song too, so that truly means a lot to me!! :cheer: :kiss:

And yeah, I like it that the Decemberists are taking their place here at TG, one more and there will be a Decemberists-pack! ;)

suziko wrote:
Yeah!!! I loved your play through, Nessa!! And it's so nice to see a lesson on this wonderful song.

Suzi

sbutler

Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:16 pm

So Vanessa, once you get done with the "Pack" of decemberists, whats next eh? Your creating a pretty high standard here.

Thanks for the lesson Buddy.

Scott

michelew

Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:31 pm

Hey Nessa,

This is another heart-string tugger of a song played and sung SO beautifully by you. The Decemberist stuff really sits well with your voice. Actually...what doesn't?

I love the way you take a straight-forward strummer and show how cool it can sound with just a few bass notes picked out, the right strumming pattern and feeling.

Thanks for another cool lesson.

Shel

suziko

Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:29 am

Just started playing through this with your chord sheet and I'm afraid you have a minor error on it. The first line (riff on Am) should be played 4x in the verses, not 2x. Just FYI!

Thanks again! Love this song!

Suzi

thereshopeyet

Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:02 am

Vanessa

Cool lesson..... thanks.

:)

Scott Wrote:
"Pack" of decemberists, whats next eh?
I think it's the .........Januaryists, Februaryists, Marchists, Mayists, .......... etc...... next.....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Suzi Wrote:
The first line (riff on Am) should be played 4x in the verses, not 2x.
Thanks for the heads up on that Suzi..... not focusing on the lyrics I'd have missed that.... concentrating on the
guitar playing is hard enough :S

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic