>> Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall - Poems, Prayers And Promises with Sandy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
wiley

Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:51 am

sandysue

Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:11 pm

Hi Wiley. I just find it scary to put myself out there, but it is kind of a double edged sword, because on the other hand, everything is more fun when you share it with others. I just saw you on virtual open mic2. You did a great job. You guys looked like you were having fun. I really enjoyed watching.

Sandy

kanefsky

Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:43 pm

wiley wrote:
If my open mic ever goes public I'll spend the rest of my days looking over my shoulder for Springsteen or one of his 'guys' to take me out!
I don't think you've got anything to worry about Wiley, although Steven Van Zandt is definitely the kind of guy that could take you out, if you've ever seen him on The Sopranos or Lilyhammer :)

I'm not looking forward to reliving my open-mic performance either. Sandy's performance, on the other hand, was fantastic and the FoTW lessons are absolutely invaluable. Thanks to both Sandy and Neil for those, not to mention Lynn, Matt F., etc.

--
Steve

sandysue

Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:34 pm

Hi Steve
It's your turn to star in fly on the wall, now that you will be taking lessons from Neil. Can't wait to watch. I have to warn you though, there is some torture involved.
Sandy

michelew

Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:44 pm

sandysue wrote:
Thank you Michele and Bart, I really just started the forum, but I'm really enjoying connecting with fellow guitar players . I look forward to talking with everyone and sharing our passion for playing the guitar.
Hey sandy,

I'm glad you've taken the plunge and have dived into the forum. You'll absolutely find passion and heaps of sharing. The forum is REALLY supportive too in all sorts of ways, especially if you'd like to share your progress on a song you're learning, seek advice on a issue you're having or just play for an appreciative audience.

You may feel like you just got here, but you've been a fly on the wall star for some time now and I'm guessing you're a big favourite with the whole community already. I've enjoyed the WOTFs that I've watched with you in them and your enthusiasm for knowledge and music generally is contagious. They're a joy to watch.

So in case I haven't said it before, a big welcome to the forum and a big hi from sunny Sydney. Just watch out for the time sucking vortex on the TG site, it's sneaky. :)

I hope we see you around the forum a lot now and I hope you post a song at some point too. I'm really hoping we'll get to see a sneaky peek at your open mic performance too. It sounds like you WOW'd people. Cool!

Michele

sandysue

Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:02 pm

Hi Michele

Thank you for all of your support. I'm having a lot of fun on the forum but I'm not getting anything else done. I just want to hang out with all my new friends at TG. I haven't Seen the video from open mic night at camp, but I remember feeling more than just a little terrified to get up there. My fingers don't want to work when I get scared. I only agreed to do FOTW because Neil Promised not to tell me when he was going to video us. I suppose exposure therapy is the best way to cure stage fright, if it doesn't kill you first. I think practicing my guitar more would also be helpful. Fun talking with you
Sandy

michelew

Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:23 pm

Hey Sandy,

I see you've discovered the time sucking vortex already, that was quick. :) :) many of us know it well. After the fun you all had at the camp I'm not surprised that you're enjoying keeping in contact with a few TG mates here on the form too. Lots of us are dead envious. Perhaps we'll get a chance to join you some day.

I would have been ABSOLUTELY terrified trying to do the open mic. My hands LITERALLY shake when I play for people, even family. Even when I'm videoing they shake. I used to be shockingly nervous and the more I record the easier it becomes. I've just got to follow up on my intentions to play with people in real time. just...:)

Neil is a wise guru with the FOTW videoing deal he made with you. I'm glad it works for you, you seem very relaxed. It's all great for us in cyber space.

Practice, practice, yes... we can never play enough that's for sure.

Nice chatting to you too. Don't worry about the TG black-hole - time returns to normal at some point. :)

Shel

sandysue

Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:30 pm

Hi Shel

I would love to meet you in person. It would be great if you were able to come to camp next year. That fear factor that we experience when we play guitar for other people, is really hard to deal with, especially when our hands get shaky, but I don't think that we are alone, I think performance anxiety is actually pretty common. Most of us at camp were really anxious, if not a little terrified, about playing in front of the group on open mic night. However, most of us were glad we got up there, once it was over. I really envy people who are comfortable with performing.

Sandy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic