>> Newest Target members only lesson- Fly On The Wall - And I Love Her with Fred

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:44 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

Fred had been working on different parts of The Beatles’ And I Love Her. In this segment we were focused on the intro, particularly trying to come up with a reasonable way of combining the melody notes with strumming the rhythm guitar part. Of course, this was done with two guitars originally.

Enjoy!

https://www.totallyguitars.com/target-s ... -fred.html

kanefsky

Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:48 pm

It would be very easy to misinterpret that subject line :)

--
Steve

willem

Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:46 pm

Hey Fred where were you hide,,,great song,,the targetlesson said up down up down on that little riff,,this FOTW is a bonus on that lesson,,Neil did'nt tell the other possibility on that chords but after 4 years here we should know and I saw many do it furter on the neck..which one did you choose...or do you have a bass player??

Willem

Fred

Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:34 pm

Hi Willem-

Thanks for checking out the lesson. No bass player (lol), but what I'm doing is the opening 4 notes, I'm playing up the neck (as opposed to how I first atempted) and coming back with my fourth finger on the c# (note 4) and then applying the barre to to get the F#min. The next run, I'm staying wth the traditional Emin confriguration, and then getting the C# with my index finger (note 4) so I can apply the rest of the E6.

BTW...my lat lesson with Neil, I got to play the lead in the middle of the song while hel played rythym over it...that was way cool :woohoo:

Best-
Fred

willem

Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:33 am

Fred wrote:
Hi Willem-

Thanks for checking out the lesson. No bass player (lol), but what I'm doing is the opening 4 notes, I'm playing up the neck (as opposed to how I first atempted) and coming back with my fourth finger on the c# (note 4) and then applying the barre to to get the F#min. The next run, I'm staying wth the traditional Emin confriguration, and then getting the C# with my index finger (note 4) so I can apply the rest of the E6.

BTW...my lat lesson with Neil, I got to play the lead in the middle of the song while hel played rythym over it...that was way cool :woohoo:

Best-
Fred

Yes that lead is very cool and happens in de modulation(right?),,the whole song is very cool for two guitars(we need that more in the lessons),,I like also very much the finger pickin part for a second guitar..

Willem

thereshopeyet

Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:16 pm

I'm catching up on what I missed last week as I was away at a funeral :(

mmmm.... The lesson link here doesn't seem to be active at all !!

:ohmy:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic