>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Run Away - Sarah Jarosz

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
michelew

Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:56 pm

TGNessa,

What a wonderful choice for a lesson! I actually hadn't heard of Sarah either until you mentioned her to me very recently (I live under a rock). But since then I've been listening to all three albums and REALLY enjoying her music. This song is very captivating in particular.

It sure looks like a fingerpicking workout. The sound is worth it. I LOVE the sound of the sliding chord shapes in the chorus and those prominent high notes in particular, just beautiful.

You've broken this down really nicely. Thank you, I'm sure I'll be able to get it down slowly soon enough. It's anyone's guess how long it will take me to get it up to speed and sounding like bluegrass, with smoke coming off my fingers like your intro. :)

Sarah J has many more beautiful songs on her albums, there's some more good material there for TG lessons, not being greedy or anything ;) :) just saying. :) (I guess I should learn and upload this one first right ? ;) )

I'm loving this fresh material you're finding Nessa. I'm so glad you're here to lift the rock off my head occasionally. Sarah's great.

Oh and now I'd LOVE to play a octave mandolin too. Ness you'd make magic with one of those in your hands.

Thanks!

Shel

willem

Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:04 pm

michelew wrote:
TGNessa,

What a wonderful choice for a lesson! I actually hadn't heard of Sarah either until you mentioned her to be very recently (I live under a rock). But since then I've been listening to all three albums and REALLY enjoying her music. This song is very captivating in particular.

It sure looks like a fingerpicking workout. The sound is worth it. I LOVE the sound of the sliding chord shapes in the chorus and those prominent high notes in particular, just beautiful.

You've broken this down really nicely. Thank you, I'm sure I'll be able to get it down slowly soon enough. It's anyone's guess how long it will take me to get it up to speed and sounding like bluegrass, with smoke coming off my fingers like your intro. :)

Sarah J has many more beautiful songs on her albums, there's some more good material there for TG lessons, not being greedy or anything ;) :) just saying. :) (I guess I should learn and upload this one first right ? ;) )

I'm loving this fresh material you're finding Nessa. I'm so glad you're here to lift the rock off my head occasionally. Sarah's great.

Oh and now I'd LOVE to play a octave mandolin too. Ness you'd make magic with one of those in your hands.

Thanks!

Shel
''with smoke coming off my fingers'' were is Dermot when we needed him?? :laugh: B) :cheer: B)

W.

thereshopeyet

Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:24 pm

Vanessa this looks like an interesting lesson.

Fast fingerpicking there..... I think Willem melt his ......

strings !!!! Image

:laugh: :laugh:

Willem Wrote:
''with smoke coming off my fingers'' were is Dermot when we needed him??
Willem, I'm just back tonight. I was away at my brother-in - laws, partners son's funeral.
Very sad, only 28 years old, very unexpected and sudden.

I was told at the funeral that he played the ukelele, guitar and harmonica and sang too.

They played Spirit In The Sky at his grave side.

Dermot

RIP Stephan ! Spirit In The Sky ......
:)

TGNesh

Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:39 am

Michele: Shel, you always seem to majorly encourage and motivate me.....(everyone needs that, right?! ;) ) yeah ánd make me smile BIG on top of that!!!! :P :cheer: So, more Sarah Jarosz? Well I couldn't agree more, her work is too cool!! :cheer: Haha, I want an octave mandoline as well, she's right, it'll give me enough support for my vocals, but still that sound of a mandoline. Well we'll see! :) Thank you so much sweet friend!!!

Dermot: Firstly, I'm really sorry to hear about the loss for you and your family Dermot....it's always very sad when someone passes away, but gosh, he was young indeed.... :( ......thanks for dropping by in here and leaving me a comment, i always appreciate that. Take care and glad you're around again! ;)

TGNessa B)

thereshopeyet

Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:53 pm

Hello Vanessa

You Wrote:
Dermot: Firstly, I'm really sorry to hear about the loss for you and your family Dermot....it's always very sad when someone passes away, but gosh, he was young indeed.... ......thanks for dropping by in here and leaving me a comment, i always appreciate that. Take care and glad you're around again!

TGNessa
Thanks for your comments Vanessa, I'd only met Stephan once, he was a gentle big chap.
:)

Vanessa Wrote:
Glad you're around again!
I haven't Run Away yet !!
Got to learn the Guitarrrrghhh first !!

dekotaj

Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:12 am

Hey Ness.

I to have not heard of Sarah Jarosz. But got to checking her out on the U tube. Great song. Found her doing this song with Alison Krauss .

TGNesh

Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:32 pm

Oh yeah, I of course bumped into that performance as well, too cool! :cheer:

Very glad you like the find Kev'! :)

Ness

dekotaj wrote:
Hey Ness.

I to have not heard of Sarah Jarosz. But got to checking her out on the U tube. Great song. Found her doing this song with Alison Krauss .

michelew

Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:39 pm

I'm really enjoying learning this song (and singing it in the shower, walking to the bus, :) ). It feels good to play.

At half speed I'm doing Ok. Haha! :) now I just have to get it up to speed, get the playing and lyrics on work in automatic mode and ... Put it all together. ! Ahhh!

... No sweat. ... Right? :P

Great song.

M

TGNesh

Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:55 am

Haha, nó sweat at all!!! :laugh: :P

Great to hear you're enjoying it Shel, thanks! :cheer:

Ness

michelew wrote:
I'm really enjoying learning this song (and singing it in the shower, walking to the bus, :) ). It feels good to play.

At half speed I'm doing Ok. Haha! :) now I just have to get it up to speed, get the playing and lyrics on work in automatic mode and ... Put it all together. ! Ahhh!

... No sweat. ... Right? :P

Great song.

M

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic