>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Edge Of A Dream - Sarah Jarosz

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:11 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

The talented singer-songwriter Sarah Jarosz, now 22 years old, has been celebrated as a roots-music prodigy since her teens, mainly for her proficiency on mandolin, banjo and guitar. ‘Edge Of A Dream’ is a lovely and dreamy song taken from her 2009 debut album, ‘Song Up In Her Head’.

It features a couple of chords and different chord shapes in the key of D, using the I, IV, V. The guitar is in Drop D-Tuning, where the sixth string is tuned down a whole step and capoed at the seventh fret. The song is in 4/4 swing-time and the challenge lies within the several melody notes which need to be picked out as well as many syncopated chord changes.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

michelew

Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:22 pm

TGNessa,

I DEFINITELY need to work on my flat picking skills. This is such a beautiful song to help me do just that. It's another great choice Nessa.

This song is both dreamy and sad depending on how she plays it.

I haven't had a chance to get into your lesson yet Ness, I have a day of meetings (got to love those :( ), but I intend to watch this and start learning it as soon as I can.

Another Sarah Jarosz song, YEH! She has so many good ones to pick from.

Thanks!

Shel (rushing off to another meeting, I know what I'd rather be doing...)

michelew

Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:36 am

Nessa,

I had to come back and say just how much I enjoyed your play through on this lesson. Gosh! You've really captured the laid back, dreamy and emotional feel of this song, ... So beautifully. And as always you make it look so easy.

I LOVE your eye for detail and your enthusiasm for teaching them. It's the details that really make the difference. The syncopation and swing-time in this is really nice.

OK. I guess I should stop raving. I LOVE your performance of this and the thorough way you break it down. We're blessed to have you as a teacher Ness. I want to be just like you when I grow up. :P :)

Thanks!

Shel (in awe).

TGNesh

Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:23 am

You're the absolute sweetest Shel!:blush: I can't say that I ever get enough of your raving!!!! :cheer: :P Very glad that you like SJ as well, she's got some véry cool stuff!!

And yeah, I like details, haha! :laugh: :P (would be good if I didn't forget them! :S ;) )

Thanks SO much sweet friend!! :kiss:

TGNessa B)

michelew wrote:
Nessa,

I had to come back and say just how much I enjoyed your play through on this lesson. Gosh! You've really captured the laid back, dreamy and emotional feel of this song, ... So beautifully. And as always you make it look so easy.

I LOVE your eye for detail and your enthusiasm for teaching them. It's the details that really make the difference. The syncopation and swing-time in this is really nice.

OK. I guess I should stop raving. I LOVE your performance of this and the thorough way you break it down. We're blessed to have you as a teacher Ness. I want to be just like you when I grow up. :P :)

Thanks!

Shel (in awe).

thereshopeyet

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:35 pm

Vanessa

I'm still working on the two Decemberists songs.

This looks like another great lesson from you as the play through sounds amazing.

It's a cool week right enough all round !!

Thanks

Dermot

TGNesh

Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:41 pm

Good to hear you're working on those Decemberists or are there many more on the list that 'you're working on'? :P

And thank you very much for your comment on the play through! :cheer: It's really a very nice song to play.

And gosh, we had lóts of material coming out the past week! But don't forget, focus! ;) :laugh:

thereshopeyet wrote:
Vanessa

I'm still working on the two Decemberists songs.

This looks like another great lesson from you as the play through sounds amazing.

It's a cool week right enough all round !!

Thanks

Dermot

thereshopeyet

Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:28 pm

Vanessa Wrote:
But don't forget, focus!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic