>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Everybody’s Talkin’ (Midnight Cowboy Theme) -Harry Nilsson

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:55 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

We have already done a lesson on Fred Neil’s version of Everybody’s Talkin’ (the original), and here we take a look at what Harry Nilsson added to it that helped make it a classic for all time. Of course a big part of this was it becoming the theme song to the movie Midnight Cowboy, starring Jon Voight and Dustin Hoffman.

This version is played in the key of E and includes some very fast fingerpicking. We look at an easy way of picking through the chord progression, as well as the double-time style that opens the song with a bang.

Enjoy this level 6 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

unclewalt

Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:57 pm

This looks like a great, medium-hard challenge, which I'm starting to concentrate more on after having spent way too much time on advanced things that take forever for me to be able to play at all well.

Problem, though: I went back to look at the Fred Neil version, and it seems there was some database confusion or something. For me, at least, the videos on the Neil page are all from the Nilsson lesson

TGNeil

Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:04 pm

unclewalt wrote:
This looks like a great, medium-hard challenge, which I'm starting to concentrate more on after having spent way too much time on advanced things that take forever for me to be able to play at all well.

Problem, though: I went back to look at the Fred Neil version, and it seems there was some database confusion or something. For me, at least, the videos on the Neil page are all from the Nilsson lesson
Yes, this kind of stuff happens sometimes. The brains are on it but it might take until tomorrow to be sorted out.

Neil

unclewalt

Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:23 pm

Sure. Just FYI.

The Nilsson looks like the version for me anyway.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:53 pm

This is a really neat lesson. Love this song and this version.

thereshopeyet

Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:03 pm

That is fast !
Cool lesson.

Thanks

Dermot

Rbinding

Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:16 pm

I mentioned this under the Fred Neil version, but thought I would include it here to. As a big Nilsson fan, I enjoyed watching the somewhat obscure film "Who Is Harry Nilsson (And Why Is Everyone Talkin' About Him?). I was reminded of this movie watching "Searching for Sugar Man" and of course, this song.

Ron

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic