>>New Target Member Exclusive Lesson Release - Tone for Fingerstyle Players - Doug Young

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:42 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target Member Exclusive release is now live.

Everything sounds better if you get a great tone. In these videos, Doug explores a few ways to improve your tone, and looks at the impact of both hands on tone.

In Part 1 (Right/Picking Hand) Doug talks about the effect of nails – shape, smoothness, length, and more on getting a good fingerstyle tone.

Part 2 (Left/Fretting Hand) explores some of the fretting hand techniques that help produce a good tone, focusing on different vibrato techniques that can make your sound more interesting and dramatic.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

willem

Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:17 pm

Doug that was very!! useful..thx

The guitar is one big study,,a life time!

Willem

thereshopeyet

Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:52 pm

Doug

That some interesting stuff.
I like the explanation on vibrato and Nails. :cheer:

It would be interesting to hear what your preferences are for recording the acoustic guitar.
The sound in these videos is so clear.

Thanks

Dermot

dougyoung

Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:36 pm

Hi Dermot, thanks, glad this was useful. I'm all ears for suggestions of what I can provide that would be of interest. Neil's covered so much ground, I'll be looking hard for anything unique I can add! The recording topic's a good idea. Let me point you to a couple of things that are already up on you tube, but I'll work some something just for Totally Guitars, maybe more about the video/recording? The quick run-down on what I'm using for audio is a Zoom H6 recorder, Schoeps CMC6/MK41 mics, mixed in Logic.

Meanwhile, these might be interesting:

Here's a little look at my home studio, and a few high level ideas about recording, shot to accompany an article I wrote for Acoustic Guitar a while back:

[video][/video]

A little demo of the mixing/mastering process of a track from my last CD:

[video][/video]

thereshopeyet

Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:19 pm

Doug

Thanks for taking the time share these videos you did for Acoustic Guitar.

Doug Wrote:
I'll work something just for Totally Guitars
I personally would appreciate that very much from boith economy and your professional experiences.
What works what doesn't work, what your preferences are and why etc. :ohmy:
That said you've explained a good bit in these videos, but I'm sure it's endless and you probably find out new things all the time
that work for you.

Doug Wrote
Neil's covered so much ground, I'll be looking hard for anything unique I can add!
That might true but different instructors have different approaches and methods.
Maybe you could consider a topic on your experience learning guitar and what worked for you.
Interesting subtleties, struggles and Ah Ha moments that you might remember made a difference in your progress to become a brilliant guitarist.
Songs that marked learning curves for you and what you learnt from them from beginner to advanced.

Of course I wouldn't want to assume anything, as I'm sure you have a very busy schedule.

Thanks Again.

Dermot

willem

Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:51 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
Doug

Thanks for taking the time share these videos you did for Acoustic Guitar.

Doug Wrote:
I'll work something just for Totally Guitars
I personally would appreciate that very much from boith economy and your professional experiences.
What works what doesn't work, what your preferences are and why etc. :ohmy:
That said you've explained a good bit in these videos, but I'm sure it's endless and you probably find out new things all the time
that work for you.

Doug Wrote
Neil's covered so much ground, I'll be looking hard for anything unique I can add!
That might true but different instructors have different approaches and methods.
Maybe you could consider a topic on your experience learning guitar and what worked for you.
Interesting subtleties, struggles and Ah Ha moments that you might remember made a difference in your progress to become a brilliant guitarist.
Songs that marked learning curves for you and what you learnt from them from beginner to advanced.

Of course I wouldn't want to assume anything, as I'm sure you have a very busy schedule.

Thanks Again.

My vote

sandysue

Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:27 pm

hi Doug

Thank you for all of your really helpful advice. Your lessons have all been really good. Glad your teaching on TG's now.

Sandy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic