>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Little Song - Sarah Jarosz

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:54 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Little Song is another really lovely tune by American singer-songwriter, Sarah Jarosz. It’s taken from her debut-album Song Up In Her Head. It features chords I, IV and V in the key of D, standard tuning and capoed at the 4th fret. A basic travis picking pattern for the right hand makes it very playable for those who want to take their fingerpicking skills to the next level. The lesson includes a few pointers on how to add the lyrics as well.

Enjoy this level 3 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

willem

Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:29 pm

I really must remember this,,looks like a cute song...

W,,

thereshopeyet

Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:03 pm

Hey Vanessa,

That's a great Little Song :ohmy:

I like your adding the singing section.
Would you approach adding singing in small section as you did here or was the small sections for demo purposes only?

I can never remember lyrics, so end up whistling when listening to the radio.
Yes, I'm one of those really annoying whistlers too Image
:blush: :S

This is another enjoyable lesson from you.

Thanks

Dermot

:)

sbutler

Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:26 pm

Well Vanessa, looks like you've found another good one.

Thanks,
Scott

michelew

Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:38 am

TGNessa,

This is SUCH a sweet little song. I REALLY like it.

How did you know that I needed a rest from Run Away while my fingers cooled off? Gosh that's a driven marathon of a song.

As usual, you've given us everything we need to make this sound authentic, EVEN how to approach the singing. I LOVE that. I LOVE that you're able to find so many great teaching points in a I, IV, V song.

Sustain, sustain and land well, I hear you too. :)

Another great choice for a lesson and thanks for thinking of us poor sods trying to get your more difficult lessons down by giving us a easier one this week.

Beautiful playthrough. You really bring out the sweetness in this pretty song.

Thanks Ness, I love your style.

Shel

sandysue

Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:34 pm

Hi Vanessa

Pretty song. She is so talented. You play her music well, and you have a really pretty melodic voice Ness.

sandy

TGNesh

Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:48 am

Willem: Thanks Willem, and you're absolutely right, it's just a very neat nice pretty cute 'little song'.....Don't forget about it! ;) :)

Dermot: Haha, yeah it's a great 'Little Song'! :P You should try it and check your fingerpicking skills (no pauses)! As for your question, I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, what do you mean exactly?

Michele: Aaaaaw, my sweet friend!! Very very glad you like it and could use a break from 'Run Away' :P Haha, sustain, sustain, land right, you heard me right indeed :laugh: ! As you can imagine, I'd love to hear your rendition, hint, hint. ;) Thanks so much Shel, you always make my day! :cheer:

Scott: Thanks Scott! :) :) Finding the right songs to teach, well it's a journey all by itself. am pleased to hear that you like this one, which i'm sure you can play easily! ;) Thx again buddy! :)

Sandy: Gosh Sandy, what a sweetheart you are.....!!! :cheer: May I throw in the same hint to you? Any chance you will sing and play this???? :P Would love to hear it!!

Thanks guys and gals! :cheer:

TGNessa B)

thereshopeyet

Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:50 am

Vanessa, I started looking at it already ;)

I had to look at my question :blush:
I think I was referring to the way you sang only short parts of the song accounting for where
lyrics match with beats. I'm thinking now you did that only for explanation purposes.

:S

TGNesh

Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:57 am

Great!! :cheer:

Yes, explanation purposes. I have several students who do like to sing, the thing I point out to them the most is whén to start a line. So knowing when that is, is quite handy! ;) From there they usually pull it off.

Then again, one shouldn't even think about singing until they got the playing down automatically. :)

thereshopeyet wrote:
Vanessa, I started looking at it already ;)

I had to look at my question :blush:
I think I was referring to the way you sang only short parts of the song accounting for where
lyrics match with beats. I'm thinking now you did that only for explanation purposes.

:S

thereshopeyet

Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:45 am

Vanessa Wrote:
From there they usually pull it off.
Ah, :ohmy: :P

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic