>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:20 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Sweet Caroline is one of the greatest sing-a-long songs of all time. It was released as a single in 1969 then subsequently added to Neil Diamond’s album of the day, Brother Love’s Traveling Salvation Show, as an afterthought.

This lesson goes over the chord progression and shows a relatively easy way to play it in the key of A, as well as a more embellished version bringing in many of the other instruments’ parts. It also covers different voicings of common chords and barres from families other than E and A.

Enjoy this level 6 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

dtaylor

Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:11 pm

Oh so very cool, this one is going to be popular.
It reminds me of what you did with the Mrs Robinson intro.
Great work!
Dean

willem

Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:20 pm

Okay!!! The move(other house) is behind us,,well a bit more feeling home on our new place and its allright..

Man do I like this lesson on a very favo song of mine(pity you did'nt sang it),,you made a very very nice arrangement and I put on top of my list(many are on top..lol)
Love it :woohoo: B)
Willem

EDIT: If I could I give you a 1000 likes on FB...

thereshopeyet

Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:33 pm

Wow

This is brilliant, thanks !!

Not only a favourite song but looks lie a super cool lesson with it !!

Dermot

:cheer:

familyman4

Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:05 pm

Sweet!!!! I love this song. It's such a happy song with a fun rhythm. Going onto my must learn list right away.

P.S. I just watched all of the lesson parts and feel like I can pick this up quickly. Unfortunately I am traveling w/o a guitar this week.

P.S.S Love the shirt and really like the fact that you matched the guitar pick color to your shirt! That is real class :)

Lavallee

Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:01 am

What a lovely song. thanks for the lesson Neil. Also love the intro and the voicing during the chorus.

It is on the top of the list

Marc

suziko

Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:11 pm

This looks so fun!! I'm going to start it tomorrow!

pbraun

Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:06 pm

Neil Thanks for this lesson. 4 years ago this Saturday our Granddaughter Caroline was born. I looked everywhere for a lesson, found some chords out there and made an attempt in this song. Nothing out there sounds as good as your version of this song. I don't have time to learn it by Saturday, but my little princess Caroline will hear it soon!
Pete

familyman4

Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:53 pm

Way to go Pete. Even if it's next birthday, she will love you playing the song for her!

Good luck....
Bart

TGNeil

Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:58 pm

Hey gang,

Thanks for the comments on this lesson. I had a lot of fun putting it together, I even made Nani listen to it while it was under construction, which rarely happens. It really came about accidentally as I had pretty much written the song off years ago as not having enough teaching moments. But, as I was working on today's lesson I gave it another listen and thought about taking the approach of how I would play it to accompany a singer, trying to incorporate as much of the original arrangement as possible. As soon as I tried the intro in A, with the muted bass line and harmony parts I was hooked. As you can probably surmise, there may be more from Neil Diamond in the near future.

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic