>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Spooky - Classics IV

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:32 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Spooky was an instrumental written by sax player Mike Shapiro before the Classics IV got a hold of it and guitarist James Cobb added lyrics. Vocalist Dennis Yost’s performance shot it up the charts in 1968. It also included a memorable sax solo, something that became a staple of pop hit over the next decade.

The song only uses four chords and this lesson looks at a few different ways of voicing them, starting with a challenge for the student to figure out a couple on their own. There is a simple strumming, Campfire Version, as well as a more difficult fingerstyle version using all four fingers and a bit of percussion.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

unclewalt

Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:36 pm

This looks like a good one, and I'm going dig into it because it's a good little vamp and I'm trying to strengthen my repertoire of voicings. I hadn't heard this for many years, maybe since I was a little kid. I'm a little bowled over by the profound stupidity of the lyrics!

Lavallee

Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:54 pm

That is a good one, always liked that rhythm.

Marc

Music Junkie

Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:26 pm

Some cool techniques in this one.... I was always partial to the cover done by Atlanta Rhythm Section, but I always liked Ronnie Hammond's voice.. :)

kentm

Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:27 pm

I'd forgotten about this tune. very neat Neil! And thanks for the ARS version.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic