>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Forever In Blue Jeans - Neil Diamond

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:20 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Forever In Blue Jeans is a song Neil Diamond wrote with long-time guitarist Richard Bennett, who probably came up with the opening fingerpicking part that Neil added lyrics to. This lesson covers a basic way to play the accompaniment, adding in a few embellishments based on the orchestration, as well as a detailed look at the catchy intro.

Enjoy this level 6 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

unclewalt

Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:10 pm

Another lesson I was sure I wouldn't be interested in, but am.

TGNeil

Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:00 pm

Hey Walt,

Funny you should put it that way because that's how I felt about this song, until I dug up the original with the cool intro. The version I remembered was from some live album that omitted it. After further review, I thought I found some interesting bits for students to work on, even if an open mic-type performance was not in the cards.

Glad your interest was pinged.

Neil

thereshopeyet

Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:04 pm

Cool Lesson......

.....................................................................................Don't Walk On By

But..... Maybe ...... Forever In Chinos ! :ohmy: :S :S :blush:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

unclewalt

Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:06 pm

TGNeil wrote:
Hey Walt,

Funny you should put it that way because that's how I felt about this song, until I dug up the original with the cool intro. The version I remembered was from some live album that omitted it. After further review, I thought I found some interesting bits for students to work on, even if an open mic-type performance was not in the cards.

Glad your interest was pinged.

Neil
The intro's great. Funnily enough, I haven't heard this song all that often over the years, though I know it was a big one for him. But for my smartass high-school friends and I, this one was much bigger:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic