>> Newest Target members only lesson- Fly On The Wall - Lake Of Fire Lesson #2 with Matt F.

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:38 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

Matt and I had started working on Lake Of Fire by Nirvana at our last lesson, mostly concentrating on playing it by ear. He came in to this lesson a little confused about the rhythm and progression, but not nearly as confused as he thought he was. We straightened out the issues with the chorus then went into the verse with the same approach, listening carefully.

Part 2 also included a discussion about how accents are really all you need to think about to create different rhythmic patterns, as well as touching on the relationship between power chords rooted on the fifth and sixth strings and their association with the ‘E’ and ‘A’ barre chord families.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... tt-f-.html

willem

Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:48 pm

Don't throw things MattF,,WOW great lesson again,,you're quick Matt...you earn a star..

Doggy food?? :laugh: B)

W.

thereshopeyet

Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:45 pm

Oliver Reed must be rollin' over !!!

Thanks for sharing this lesson.

Dermot

:laugh: :laugh:

dtaylor

Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:46 pm

I love Matt's enthusiasm, and Neil's cat-herding ability.
Very funny when Neil said 'Too much percussion, not enough harmony' :laugh:

I agree that Matt has 'it' though, he not a special child :) He does a better 'A' shape barre than me already. You just know he's going to be a good musician.

gmoney

Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:24 pm

I love the Matt sessions!!
Matt, you're awesome.

familyman4

Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:54 pm

I really like the FOTW sessions for these times when I get to see the light bulb go off in the students lesson. Great job teaching Neil. And Matt, you are making great strides with your playing and understanding of what you are playing.

Thanks for letting us peek inside your learning experience!

Bart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic