>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Broken Arrow - Neil Young

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:03 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Broken Arrow is a great example of a style that Neil Young uses frequently – changing time signatures and chords from a few different keys. The first release of Broken Arrow was on the second album by the Buffalo Springfield – Again.

The band disbanded in 1968 and Neil Young started on his illustrious solo career. This lesson is based on the arrangement from his album Sugar Mountain: Live At The Canterbury House 1968. It goes over the chord progression with particular attention paid to the timing changes.

Enjoy this level 5 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

TGNesh

Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:16 pm

Aaaaaaaaah I really love this song!! :cheer:

I never think of myself as a particular Neil Young-fan, but he does have quite a few songs that I really really love.....funny! :laugh:

Broken Arrow
Expecting To Fly
Cowgirl In The Sand
Don't Let It Bring You Down
Country Girl
On The Way Home
Out Of My Mind
Burned
Mr. Soul

So yeah.....uhm.....quite a few.....! :S :laugh:

familyman4

Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:15 pm

And the list goes on!!! :)

My best friend and I have spent countless hours listening to these N.Y. songs back in the day! Those were the days! I've been playing Neil Young songs for a long time for that reason. Again, this is another song that I will now take the time and learn it over, exactly how Neil is teaching it.

Funny story: I got a text message from my new son-in-law in Barcelona Spain this morning telling me that he and my daughter were in a coffee shop when Neil Young music started playing. My daughter was singing along with all of the songs and became a bit homesick because she learned them from listening to & singing with me over the years. I sure do miss my girl :(

Anyway, thanks Neil for keeping the music alive!!!

Bart

willem

Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:13 am

TGVanessa wrote:

I never think of myself as a particular Neil Young-fan, but he does have quite a few songs that I really really love.....funny! :laugh:

Broken Arrow
Expecting To Fly
Cowgirl In The Sand
Country Girl
On The Way Home
Out Of My Mind
Burned
Mr. Soul

Very suprised there is'nt ''old man'' in your list,,If I must came up in one second with a tittle its ''old Man'' so cool..

TGNesh

Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:57 am

That's why I don't consider myself a Neil Young-fan, at least not in particular. All of the songs in my list are songs which he has done with CSN or with Buffalo Springfield. I'm not really a fan of 'Old Man' (I like Lizz' Wright's version though), or 'Heart Of Gold', I do like 'Helpless'. ;) Oh well, it's all youth-sentiments. :)

willem wrote:
TGVanessa wrote:

Broken Arrow
Expecting To Fly
Cowgirl In The Sand
Country Girl
On The Way Home
Out Of My Mind
Burned
Mr. Soul

Very suprised there is'nt ''old man'' in your list,,If I must came up in one second with a tittle its ''old Man'' so cool..

willem

Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:32 am

TGVanessa wrote:
That's why I don't consider myself a Neil Young-fan, at least not in particular. All of the songs in my list are songs which he has done with CSN or with Buffalo Springfield. I'm not really a fan of 'Old Man' (I like Lizz' Wright's version though), or 'Heart Of Gold', I do like 'Helpless'. ;) Oh well, it's all youth-sentiments. :)

willem wrote:
TGVanessa wrote:

Broken Arrow
Expecting To Fly
Cowgirl In The Sand
Country Girl
On The Way Home
Out Of My Mind
Burned
Mr. Soul

Thats very pleasant,,,glad I was a sort of suprised and suprised again,,,lol

thereshopeyet

Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:56 am

Very cool

Thanks. Neil Young songs are great and the lessons are always amazing.

Dermot

:laugh:

TGNesh

Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:18 am

Haha, great!! :laugh:

Lizz Wright is SO cool, so musically talented and she does a very nice version of it, too cool! B) Love the high voice added in the chorus! :)

willem wrote:
TGVanessa wrote:

willem wrote:
TGVanessa wrote:

Thats very pleasant,,,glad I was a sort of suprised and suprised again,,,lol

thereshopeyet

Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:36 pm

Vanessa Wrote:
So yeah.....uhm.....quite a few.....!
...... It's because your so Young Vanessa..... :ohmy:

You've a while to go before When I'm 64.....

Did I really say that .... nope.....it was Willem :dry:

:S

:laugh: :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic