>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Country Song - Jake Bugg

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:48 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Country Song is a lovely and sweet little tune from the succesful debut album by a young and talented English singer-songwriter, Jake Bugg. It features an easy chord progression in the key of G, a basic travis picking pattern, some nice embellishments and open strings as the bass notes.

The speed of the picking as well as the first three measures of the intro might be a little challenging for beginning guitar players. Since the arrangement is basically a dressed up accompaniment to one’s vocals, the student should play most of the song randomly, as Jake Bugg does.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

michelew

Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:40 pm

TGNessa,

Another great song choice. I've been listening to Jake's first album and it just gets better and better. This is a really sweet song. I've got a seriously busy day today, but il be getting into the lesson soon.

Yep!!! I've sure got Candy Store Syndrome. :) :) :) what a TERRIBLE problem to have right?! Lucky, lucky, lucky we are.

I can't wait to watch your playthrough especially, the little you played in the preview was REALLY Beautiful. Actually, the preview is almost a whole lesson in itself.

Ness, thanks SO much for all of your fantastic lessons this year. I assume this is the last one for 2013. I've LOVED everyone of them and I've just ADORED seeing your performance of the song each week. Your musicality is amazing. It really is. You're a role model for me. I want to be just like you when I grow up as a guitar player and musician generally.

I've got a heap to keep me busy and happily playing and learning over my summer holidays. I definitely will try to get a song to the point where I can up load it.

Thanks!!!!! :kiss: :kiss:

Shel

cosmicmechanic

Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:55 pm

Nessa, I just binged on watching all the segments of this lesson in one sitting ... burp !

As this is the 2nd of your Jake Bugg lessons, I begin to see the method here: lovely, rolling finger picking patterns on relatively (?) simple chords.

But ... easier said than done ... well worth the support of an excellent instructor :)

And VERY useful for all-around playing in general.

I'm on it !

Pierre

TGNesh

Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:17 am

Hey you two!! Shel and Pierre! :)

So you're both bitten by the Bugg???! :laugh: Well me too! At the moment really enjoying his debutalbum. He has lots of great songs which would be great lessons too.

His playing is in some ways 'simple', then again, not really. Yes, relatively simple chords, if he uses more than four in a song, then it's a lót, haha :laugh: ! On top of that, lovely fingerpicking or really uptempo, driving, strumming, (which also seems easier than it is), or something in between, interesting lyrics, combined with a very authentic voice, yeah, I quite like it! :cheer: Except for his cranky face..... :S

So yeah, I really love stuff which sounds great but are not complex or something, he does very well when it comes to that. I actually picked this one because it was on the recommend a lesson list and I really liked it too. (Like Neil, I do look at that list from time to time. ;) )

Anyway, time off for you Shel, good for you, now PLAY that guitar and show me what you got!!! :P Rolemodel......gosh.... :blush: :kiss: And yeah, I think I'm done for 2013, I need vacation too!

So Pierre, which Bugg-song(s) do you like? :)

TGNessa B)

thereshopeyet

Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:52 pm

Vanessa

Looks like another cool lesson.
Nice play through too.

Dermot

:)

michelew

Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:24 pm

Hey TGNessa,

I finally got a chance to listen to your playthrough without being interrupted. I spent most of yesterday cooking and such and I listened to Jake's album many times while doing that. I heard Country Song more than a few times. Believe me, you MORE than did it justice. You played it with a quiet intensity that gave the whole thing so much meaning. And your voice sounds so beautiful singing these softly passionate songs. I loved the delays, (retardo ?) you put in there too, nice touches. Your playing....well I just can't get enough of all of the ways that you add expression. I was enjoying the whole thing so much I was disappointed when it was over and just had to go back and watch it again.

Beautiful!

Shel

Great lesson - so well explained as always and lots of nice thingies thrown in there from your observations of lots of his performances. :) Nice!

thereshopeyet

Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:29 pm

Vanessa

Great lesson, I like the Travis Picking explanation and camera angle.

Neil and yourself have such a efficient way of demonstrating and explaining what you teach.

Cheers

Dermot

:)

willem

Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:31 am

What a nice song,,I did love those long melody notes,,

Willem

TGNesh

Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:24 am

Michele: Thanks so much for checking in again Shel! :) I indeed really do my best on those play through's, so it's always really great to hear that you liked it. The delays, well I think you mean 'ritardando', but it's not really the same, the latter happens mostly at the end of a section or even more, the end of a song, you slowly play slower :laugh:. Expression.....well that's always really an awesome compliment to me, since I find it só important, but I'm sure you know that ;) Thanks again Shel!!!!

Dermot: Thank you for dropping by Dermot, I always really appreciate that. I was actually not sure about explaining the travispicking, since it's in so many lessons already, but I figured the ones looking for recent artists, or just for Jake Bugg might not watch those and will see it for the first time, so shot a segment anyway. And what do you know, even a die hard like you still likes to see it explained! :P Also, if I can get a líttle closer each time to Neil's level/ability of teaching, well needless to say, I just loved to read that compliment!! :cheer: Thank you!! :)

Willem: Aaaaaah, I know what you mean, I actually llike them a lót as well. But if you forget to take a breath befóre that phrase, haha :laugh: , then you're sc$#%#$ed :S :blink: :laugh: And you're right, it's really a very nice song and quite something for a young lad as Jake Bugg to come up with. (he was like 17 at the time, when he wrote it.) Thanks Willem! :)

Thanks all!!

TGNessa B) :)

thereshopeyet

Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:12 am

Vanessa

Merry Christmas 2013...... not to Merry I hope !!

Die Hard..... Yes I probably will...... the future is bleak ! (from the optimist :dry: in me).

I hadn't heard of Jake Bugg before your lesson.
Now he's everywhere.... :woohoo:

Travis picking, is explained in lots of lessons but........
I think it's great you keep many of your lessons self-contained :P
No need to hunt other lessons for stuff is cool.

What make and model of camera do you use for your lessons?

Vanessa, don't over eat during the festivities....it has consequences....
You may need a Wide Angled Lens at the start of 2014 !!! :ohmy:

Dermot

:laugh: :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic