>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - The Man’s Too Strong - Dire Straits

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:54 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

In 1985 Mark Knopfler and Dire Straits released one of their greatest albums, Brothers In Arms, which included The Man’s Too Strong.

The song opens with a little folk picking melody, which progresses into a somewhat country ballad, followed by an almost symphonic, crashing sequence, before returning to subsequent verses. This lesson covers all the rhythm guitar parts, as well as the unusual outro, really another new section.

Enjoy this level 6 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

thereshopeyet

Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:40 pm

Neil

This looks to be a great lesson.

It's an amazing song on acoustic with your magic.

Thanks for sharing

Dermot

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:41 pm

Ask and thy shall receive! :laugh:
Thanks Neil, this is just great, so many subtleties in this lesson. Seeing as I've been tinkering with this song for the past few days and was actually playing it when I tuned in to TG a few moments ago, its really a blast being able to go straight to to the lesson. I'm just peeved that its been up for a couple of hours already without me seeing it... :) Happy Chris!

trix606

Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:57 am

Thank you, thank you! When I watched the Espresso Love lesson and heard Neil say more Dire Straits was on the way this song immediately popped into my head. So great. It's a six and a challenge for me but it looks like fun.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:50 pm

The Guitarpro file is not opening in the Tuxguitar program I always use for these file...c an open GP5 files ... is this one not compatible? could we have it in GP5 too please?

TGNeil

Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:04 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
The Guitarpro file is not opening in the Tuxguitar program I always use for these file...c an open GP5 files ... is this one not compatible? could we have it in GP5 too please?
Got it and it's there.

Neil

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:27 pm

Brilliant! Many, many thanks Neil.... that solo is quite tricky.....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic