>> Newest Target members only lesson- Fly On The Wall - I’m A Lucky Man with Wiley

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:11 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

Our longtime Target member Wiley joined us at our first International Guitar Camp in September, 2013 and came back to Northern California a couple weeks later.

We spent some time getting acquainted and trading notes about TG and the IGC before getting to work on I’m A Lucky Man by Paul Thorn. As usually happens in most lessons, we took a trip into the theory world and talked scales and about chord construction.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... wiley.html

Music Junkie

Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:19 pm

:) :) :)

Good to see you again Wiley!

I always enjoy the theory/chord discussions in these. So many of us have varying levels of knowledge in these areas, and these FOTW clips always have great tidbits of useful info. I loved the hints on moving the knuckle around depending on the chord being played and the strings that were not going to be used. Small things like that can make a world of difference to a constant struggler like myself. B)

Thanks to the both of you for getting this one up.

Jason

willem

Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:34 pm

Hi Wiley,,that was great information on the B-chord,,I must try that,,

I safe part three till next time and see then where the red bull toke you..

glad you knowed your stuff(theory)

thx

Willem

sbutler

Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Wiley, finally. Its fun to see you in the "SEAT" Good stuff man.

Scott

wiley

Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:29 am

Who was it that was asking about taking a one-on-one "Live" lesson with Neil?

I don't think anything else be said.

To start, my apologies to Neil and the gang, As I left that day I made a promise to Neil that I would go home, practice and post either and/or both of the songs we worked on.

I did go home and I did practice until that next Friday, 8 days later....... Image Image

No broken bones, no cuts, no one hurt, Ended up with five vehicles involved, three of which were undriveable. On the way to a Friday Night football game in which our eldest was playing in the marching band I came up on a particular area that is known to backup, simply put it's a 'bottleneck'. Seems another person wasn't exactly paying attention. Funny, looking in that rearview side mirror knowing what's coming and knowing ain't a damn thing to do about it.

So I'm gonna use an age-old excuse here, in all honesty I'm a couple weeks into just getting comfortable holding the guitar again.

I didn't exclude bruises and sore as hell from the seat belt (thankfully I did have that on) as no air-bags or the like ever went off.

Music Junkie

Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:36 am

Damn, Wiley.... :(

I hope nobody was seriously injured. That looks pretty damned scary.

wiley

Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:50 am

Thanks Jason, I was alone in my truck. The auto that caused the accident was driven by a young man, his wife and their three kids were in that car. The five of them were taken to the hospital, a mere two miles up the road. I checked with the DPS later and was told none of them suffered any injuries. No one else was injured.

All I can say about my 'mano-a-mano' with Neil is this, if you get the opportunity to do so, don't pass it up.

A shot of the custom Bridge Pins and customized and intonated vintage bone saddle I was showing off; Image

willem

Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:23 pm

your a Lucky man Wiley..

Willem

thereshopeyet

Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:37 pm

Neil and Wiley

Great FOTW and chat.

Sorry to hear about your smash up.... not good, maybe you should stop practicing Dave Mathews "Crash Into Me" !! :ohmy:

Best news is to hear nobody hurt though and I'll look forward to your videos when you get around to them.

Dermot

Music Junkie

Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:43 pm

wiley wrote:
Thanks Jason, I was alone in my truck. The auto that caused the accident was driven by a young man, his wife and their three kids were in that car. The five of them were taken to the hospital, a mere two miles up the road. I checked with the DPS later and was told none of them suffered any injuries. No one else was injured.

All I can say about my 'mano-a-mano' with Neil is this, if you get the opportunity to do so, don't pass it up.

A shot of the custom Bridge Pins and customized and intonated vintage bone saddle I was showing off; Image
I am glad to hear that! ;)

I have no doubt in my mind that a one-on-one lesson would be amazing. I hope I can pull that off someday. I certainly need to get my focus put back together before doing so. Life has been a whirlwind since the IGC ended. Nothing too bad, just busy. Beats the laternative of being too slow... B)

Again, glad that you were o.k. and that nobody was seriously injured. All to often, pics like that do not have happy endings.

I really like the looks of the bridge and pins. I hope you are getting back to your songs now... ;)

Jason

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic