>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Let Her Go - Passenger

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
thereshopeyet

Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:52 pm

Kev

Interesting observation.
I thought there was a familiar sound but never placed it !

I wonder how he came up with the tune, probably doesn't even realise the similarities.

It sure is close to...... identical :dry:

:ohmy:

dekotaj

Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:06 am

thereshopeyet wrote:
Kev

Interesting observation.
I thought there was a familiar sound but never placed it !

I wonder how he came up with the tune, probably doesn't even realise the similarities.

It sure is close to...... identical :dry:

:ohmy:

Make one wonder with all the music in the world and so few notes to be played. That song writers do not step over other writers lines more ??????

Kev

thereshopeyet

Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:28 pm

Kev Wrote:
Make one wonder with all the music in the world and so few notes to be played. That song writers do not step over other writers lines more ??????

Musical Firngerprints and Musical DNA just aren't foolproof !

:laugh: :laugh:

TGNesh

Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:44 am

Hey TG-friends, such lovely comments on this lesson, which was réally nice to read. I didn't think it was particularly easy to teach, but I absolutely did my best. So yeah loved to read your replies!

Al: If anyone can play it, it's you! Right down your alley! ;) Let me know how it goes and thanks!!

Willem: Well a fingerpicking-song it is, a treat? Really glad you think so! Already tried it? Thanks Willem!

MJ: Great to hear you like the variety Jason, I sure tend to keep doing that!:) Thanks for the compliment on the playing, it's not an easy song, to get it all out (the intro) really cleanly is......well it takes some work! :P Thanks MJ!

Dermot: Yeah, I saw you had posted the album in the 'new artists'-thread, it was actually already on my list (with another one from that album, guess which one! :) ), but hadn't gotten to it just yet until Neil mentioned it to me. And I of course wanted to do a play through, but the singing was just way too low for me. And I'm already on the 7th fret. I actually did try it, the 9th fret, it still didn't cut it singingwise and playingwise, as you can imagine, not particularly getting easier too, especially with this thumbwrap. All in all, it would've been quite a bit of extra work (don't know the lyrics at all either), and then not even really worth it. Howver, I'm flattered that you do llike my playthroughs!! :cheer: Thanks Dermot!

Bart: New modern songs, haha! Well nowadays I'm getting a bit updated because I do need to look around for lessons. Here and there I'm shocked that I have TOTALLY missed a huge artist or band :S, so I can relate to what you say! ;) Missing my singing?! Well that's really nice to hear! :) As I explained to Dermot, it just didn't work for this song, unfortunately though, I do like to add a play through when I can. Thanks for the kind comment on the lesson, it wasn't an easy one this time. (then again, I never find it particularly easy, haha! Oh well....) :)

Michele: SPOT ON??! Cool!! B) You're a sweetheart Shel! Funny that you hadn't heard of him, his career took off in Australia :P . Yeah, the rock thing, I suffer from that too, haha! :laugh: Thanks so much my sweet friend, always love your support and comments!!! :cheer:

Dekotaj: Oh yeah, I agree, he has a very authentic voice which you wouldn't really expect. Personally I really had to get used to it, but it grew on me. Btw what a fantástic performance by REM, just love the audience!! (and yeah you're right, same notes, just not the same key.) Thanks Kev'!

Thanks all, appreciate all of you! :cheer:

TGNess B)

thereshopeyet

Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:49 am

Vanessa Wrote:
However, I'm flattered that you do llike my playthroughs
I do too ;)

Even if you can't sing a song, just playing the tune through would be fun to listen too.

Thanks

Dermot

TGNesh

Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:50 pm

I actually did do that in part 7 Dermot! ;) It also shows how repetitive the progression is. :P

thereshopeyet wrote:
Vanessa Wrote:
However, I'm flattered that you do llike my playthroughs
I do too ;)

Even if you can't sing a song, just playing the tune through would be fun to listen too.

Thanks

Dermot

thereshopeyet

Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:08 am

Vanessa Wrote:
It also shows how repetitive the progression is
Point taken :P

:)

haoli25

Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:48 am

Hi TGNessa. I really like this song and your lesson is just perfect. Thank you so much.

I thought you might enjoy this. This is an ad from this Sunday's Super Bowl game in the States. I'm guessin' that Mr. Rosenberg will have a bit more cash in his pocket next week. :)

Bill

(Okay, one more time)

chacho

Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:55 pm

Hi Vanessa

I haven't been around recently on Totally Guitars but was pleasantly surprised that you are are doing lessons on songs by Jake Bugg and Passenger.
It's whats the site has needed for a while now and I applaud you on your choices and also your teaching style.

keep up the good work and keep um coming.

If you get commission on the pay per lessons I might have to purchase a couple to support what you are doing or even rejoin the target program if you keep coming up with lessons like these.

Once again Well Done!

Chacho

haoli25

Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:56 pm

FIXED....I think. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic