>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - I See Fire - Ed Sheeran

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
Music Junkie

Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:59 pm

Damn, Chris! That is a very solid start, just since the weekend. That little piece is so pretty.

Can't wait to see more. B)

Jason

neverfoundthetime

Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:19 am

I will post progress.... if there is any Jason :laugh:

Music Junkie wrote:
Damn, Chris! That is a very solid start, just since the weekend. That little piece is so pretty.

Can't wait to see more. B)

Jason

TGNesh

Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:32 am

:cheer: Great take off Chris!! And really happy you're sharing it with us, that made my morning start smiling! :cheer:

One little thing, make sure the chord after the hammeron pull offs is a C major chord, not Am7. Also very pleased to see you're practicing the timing right by playing along etc. that's the way to do it. ;) I thought you did pretty well at 81%!

Keep going Chris, can't wait to see some more and thanks! :)

Ness

willem

Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:45 pm

Before I give you a supporting pat on the back replie I went to the lesson and tryed that intro out(man two hours session) and had some fun with it,,now I know what you were doing,,

Wish you fun and look forward to the progress and the final performing..

Willem

neverfoundthetime

Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:33 pm

I feel your pain Willem! :-) But its fun right? Thanks for the 80% slow down.... I have made myself some low loops for practice too.

Thanks MJ!

Thanks Vanessa.... I shall soldier on and post progress....

michelew

Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:45 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Thanks for the live vid Vanessa.

Here's my progress so far, just to show folks we aren't wasting our time together. I thought I'd attack the hardest part first as then I'd be even more motivated to get the rest down. It is tricky but fun. I found it too hard to play the first hammer on and offs while fretting the B string to get the high E. I can do it using the open high E string but don't have it always under control yet. I am also Starting with thumb on the A string instead of low E sometimes as it all takes a lot of thinking about still. Hope to get it to automatic soon by playing it ad nauseam at 50% tempo.... 80% is still a little fast.

Hey Chris,

It was fun seeing you working on this song. It's tricky isn't it. And doesn't recording SUCK!

Thanks for the peek. I've been distracted by other things (how unusual ;) :P ) and your post reminds me to to back and focus on this again.

You sound good on a steel 6-string.

Thanks!

Ness I enjoyed the live performance videos you've posted here; very cool indeed.

Shel

neverfoundthetime

Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:51 am

Thanks Michel... I shall soldier on and post any significant progress...

sbutler

Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:12 am

Great Job Chris. I too found this song "catchin". The timing on the intro is wicked tough, but you playing it a little slow is just the ticket. Another week, and SHAZAM, you'll be there. :laugh:

Scott

neverfoundthetime

Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:28 am

Thanks Scott, it is coming together now :-). DOn't hold back if you are working on this too... the more the merrier...

sbutler wrote:
Great Job Chris. I too found this song "catchin". The timing on the intro is wicked tough, but you playing it a little slow is just the ticket. Another week, and SHAZAM, you'll be there. :laugh:

Scott

dekotaj

Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:51 pm

Sounded great Chris.

BRAVO!!!

Looking forward to see how you get it all but together.

Kev

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic