>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - I See Fire - Ed Sheeran

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:05 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

I See Fire is a song from ‘The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug’, written, composed and performed by a very talented and young English singer-songwriter, Ed Sheeran.

It features a simple chord progression and a few chords in open position in the key of Em. There are syncopated chord changes and the strings need to be consistently muted with the fretting hand on beats 2 and 4.

The biggest challenge lies within the tricky yet great sounding intro riff, with a few embellishments like hammer-ons and pull-off.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

Music Junkie

Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:27 pm

Vanessa:

Thank you SO VERY MUCH for this lesson. Although it is beyond my playing skills currently, and WAY BEYOND my singing skills forever, it is such a cool song. My boys and I love the movies, and they will think this is super cool as well.

Your singing fit this wonderfully, as it does with most songs you do.. ;)

Thanks again,

Jason

Edit: Ness: I noticed in the second part of the intro, you were using the Taylor you got last year. What guitar are you using in the rest of the lesson? It kind of looks like a Blue Ridge. If so, how do you like it? I have heard some good things.

willem

Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:35 pm

Cool song,,,

edit,,very cool lesson,,I liked you Oo's again,,I wonder if you eat some good stuff. ;) B) :cheer:

michelew

Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:24 pm

Ness,

After watching your preview I couldn't help myself. I HAD to go straight to the playthrough.

....DAMN! .....

I now have a huge lump in my throat and I'm mighty emotional... Speechless....

thereshopeyet

Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:41 am

Ouch !

One very hot lesson Vanessa !

sbutler

Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:17 pm

Vanessa, I've really enjoyed most of your lessons. But this one is amazing. You've done such a good job explaining the small little details, that I think, with time, even I (and yes you can too Jason) get this one down. It is a haunting collection of chords because of the capo at the 6th fret, that turn it into something special.

Thanks again for your contribution to helping us become better players.

Scott

TGNesh

Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:24 pm

Jason: You are SO welcome!! I'm so happy that you're happy with this lesson coming out MJ!! :cheer: And actually you've seen it right, a Blue Ridge, I very much like it. This one has more treble and surprisingly a lot of bass too. I wanted both for this song, so indeed used this one. I had the Taylor in my hands, because at that point my fingers were getting so sore, I was barely able to play the Play Through. :S Thanks again Jason! :)

Willem: The 'oooh's', haha! :laugh: It's my inheritance for singing a lot of Beatles as a kid, they had lots of high ' :P ooooh's'! Thanks Willem! ;)

Michele: Gosh....Shel... :blush:....what can I say....THANK YOU!!! I take it you liked the Play Through :P , for which I'm really very happy. Like I've said before, I really do my best on those. I didn't think this one was easy with just one guitar and one voice. In other words, your comment means a lot to me.....! :cheer: :kiss: Thanks so much sweet friend!

Dermot: One very hot lesson, haha! :laugh: Indeed!! ;) Thanks for checking it out Dermot! :)

Scott: Hey Scott, so great to read your response!! :cheer: It's really nice to know that my 'teaching' works, so any compliment about that is always really great to me. And I'm sure you can play this one!! Thanks so much buddy! :kiss:

Thanks guys and gal! :)

TGNess B)

michelew

Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:27 pm

Ness,

I finally had enough time to watch all of your lesson in a way that allowed me to focus and hear everything you've got to teach us here.

WOW! You don't do things by half, do you? This is a fantastic lesson. There is a heap of stuff in here that I'll benefit from. I love percussive strumming and muting, so working on that will be cool. The intro sounds fantastic so I'll be trying to get that down. The fingering efficiency stuff is really useful, the strumming suggestions too. Really this is just jam packed with info. I suspect I'll need to watch it a few times to absorb it all.

I watched your performance of it again too of course. Gosh! It just gets better....

I suspect I'll be able to get this down with time. But I think I'll need to fly you over to sing it for me if I every decide to perform it. :) :) :) your vocals... Gorgeous!

Thanks for all of the effort you put into these Nessa. We're very lucky to have you teaching us. You're an inspiration ...always.

Shel

TGNesh

Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:39 am

Mwuuuaaah!! :kiss: Thank you Shel, that's just all só good to hear!! :cheer:

And I'm quite sure that you could sing this as well! ;)

Ness

michelew wrote:
Ness,

I finally had enough time to watch all of your lesson in a way that allowed me to focus and hear everything you've got to teach us here.

WOW! You don't do things by half, do you? This is a fantastic lesson. There is a heap of stuff in here that I'll benefit from. I love percussive strumming and muting, so working on that will be cool. The intro sounds fantastic so I'll be trying to get that down. The fingering efficiency stuff is really useful, the strumming suggestions too. Really this is just jam packed with info. I suspect I'll need to watch it a few times to absorb it all.

I watched your performance of it again too of course. Gosh! It just gets better....

I suspect I'll be able to get this down with time. But I think I'll need to fly you over to sing it for me if I every decide to perform it. :) :) :) your vocals... Gorgeous!

Thanks for all of the effort you put into these Nessa. We're very lucky to have you teaching us. You're an inspiration ...always.

Shel

neverfoundthetime

Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:06 pm

Wow, this is quite a lesson Vanessa, nice job! Miss Ale just texted me to say she really loves this song and I thought, wait a minute, didn't Ness do a lesson on this recently... so I checked out the lesson. Great! So now I am under orders to learn to play it and Ale will sing it. Hmmm, lets see where this goes!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic