>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - I See Fire - Ed Sheeran

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
Music Junkie

Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:15 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Wow, this is quite a lesson Vanessa, nice job! Miss Ale just texted me to say she really loves this song and I thought, wait a minute, didn't Ness do a lesson on this recently... so I checked out the lesson. Great! So now I am under orders to learn to play it and Ale will sing it. Hmmm, lets see where this goes!
Chris:

Yes! I would love to see you and Ale do this song. It is a great song, and I'll bet your voices will fit it nicely. :)

tombo1230

Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:21 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
neverfoundthetime wrote:
Wow, this is quite a lesson Vanessa, nice job! Miss Ale just texted me to say she really loves this song and I thought, wait a minute, didn't Ness do a lesson on this recently... so I checked out the lesson. Great! So now I am under orders to learn to play it and Ale will sing it. Hmmm, lets see where this goes!
Chris:

Yes! I would love to see you and Ale do this song. It is a great song, and I'll bet your voices will fit it nicely. :)
Looking forward to your duet B) :)

Tom N.

TGNesh

Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:55 pm

Cool!!! :cheer: B)

You could actually sing it together, several vocalparts in there and yeah, would absolutely LOVE to see it! :) :)

Thanks Chris!

Ness

neverfoundthetime wrote:

jimcjimc

Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:28 pm

I will make sure to check out this lesson also.

I had never heard of this guy before - hard for me to keep up with new music.

But, I noticed he was on TV in the US last night - doing a beatles song as part of the 50th anniversary of the Beatles playing on the Ed Sullivan show

Jim

TGNesh

Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:23 pm

Yep, he has been touring the States as the opening-act for Taylor Swift. He has been around in Europe for a couple of years already and doing really good. Nice to see that he's establishing himself across the Atlantic as well!

I really like his playing, acoustic and véry free form!

btw How bout IGC this year Jim?? :)

Ness

jimcjimc wrote:
I will make sure to check out this lesson also.

I had never heard of this guy before - hard for me to keep up with new music.

But, I noticed he was on TV in the US last night - doing a beatles song as part of the 50th anniversary of the Beatles playing on the Ed Sullivan show

Jim

neverfoundthetime

Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:40 pm

As promised, I am plugging away at this song Ness and its growing on me big time. Its a really good lesson and I am having to make use of all of the tools, Chord sheet, GPro(5) file (thanks for the conversion MJ). The riff is starting to flow but the timing is pretty tricky as the first 3 or 4 notes are fast and then it slows and then it gets into the steady rhythm of the song with the muting on 2nd and 4th beat. Normally I can catch the beat and just flow with it but this is forcing me to count out the timing so that is really slow progress. As soon as I have to actually think, I'm SLOW at learning! So you and I are spending a lot of time together at the moment. :laugh: Thank goodness for the loop and repeat function on the GPro file!

Music Junkie

Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:01 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
As promised, I am plugging away at this song Ness and its growing on me big time. Its a really good lesson and I am having to make use of all of the tools, Chord sheet, GPro(5) file (thanks for the conversion MJ). The riff is starting to flow but the timing is pretty tricky as the first 3 or 4 notes are fast and then it slows and then it gets into the steady rhythm of the song with the muting on 2nd and 4th beat. Normally I can catch the beat and just flow with it but this is forcing me to count out the timing so that is really slow progress. As soon as I have to actually think, I'm SLOW at learning! So you and I are spending a lot of time together at the moment. :laugh: Thank goodness for the loop and repeat function on the GPro file!
If history means anything, I am sure you will get it down, Chris. I can't wait for the upload. It is such a killer tune. ;)

TGNesh

Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:45 am

So we're spending a lot of time together??! Sounds very 'gezellig'!!! :cheer: ('gemutlich' or something)

Many thanks for the update Chris, really hope to see a video when you're ready for it! ;)

Ness

neverfoundthetime wrote:

TGNesh

Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:06 pm

Btw...........this is a prétty rare performance of Ed playing this live....quite cool I'd say! :) There's another one, just him and his guitar, can't find it though. Other than that nothing to be found just yet. :( ...obviously interesting to see how it he does it.

Edit: found it! (quality ain't so good....)

neverfoundthetime

Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:00 pm

Thanks for the live vid Vanessa.

Here's my progress so far, just to show folks we aren't wasting our time together. I thought I'd attack the hardest part first as then I'd be even more motivated to get the rest down. It is tricky but fun. I found it too hard to play the first hammer on and offs while fretting the B string to get the high E. I can do it using the open high E string but don't have it always under control yet. I am also Starting with thumb on the A string instead of low E sometimes as it all takes a lot of thinking about still. Hope to get it to automatic soon by playing it ad nauseam at 50% tempo.... 80% is still a little fast.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic