>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Ask Me Why - Beatles

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:36 am

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Ask Me Why is mostly a John Lennon tune that was the B-side of their second single, Please Please Me. The progression uses quite a few chords, most from the key of E, many chords from nearby keys, and an augmented chord to really make things interesting.

The strumming is very basic but most of the chords are barres so you must be comfortable with the ‘E’ and ‘A’ families to get this easily. The lesson also takes a short look at incorporating the opening bass notes with George’s lead in chords to fill the whole thing out.

Enjoy this level 5 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

neverfoundthetime

Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:53 pm

Ask Me Why is mostly a John Lennon tune that was the B-side of their second single, Ask Me Why.
B side of which single?
EDIT: Ah, Please, Please Me.

I'm sure the lesson is excellent, they always are! :laugh:

But right now, its the song itself that is interesting. If you had have asked me what I thought of this song, I'd have said, not much! I don't like Love Me Do, for example. But this sounds so fresh and is beautifully put together with the close harmonies. Can't believe its 50 years old!!

TGNeil

Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:44 pm

Hi Chris,

Thanks for pointing out the slip in the description, fixed now. I agree, this progression and vocal harmony is way cooler and more advanced than Love Me Do. This might explain why Love Me Do did not get the Beatles into the US market. It took a few more songs, and a little more growth as songwriters and arrangers, certainly not much though as it only took a couple more months.

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic