>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Lego House - Ed Sheeran

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:22 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

The beautiful Lego House is a song by a very talented English singer-songwriter, Ed Sheeran. It was released as his second single in the US in February 2013.

This lesson takes a look at how Ed Sheeran plays it in live performances, which is a little different from the album version. The song features one of the most common chord progressions, the I-V-VI-IV in the key of B major, using uptempo fingerpicking with the emphasis on the bass notes.

The chords are fairly easy, but if the student chooses to also strum the song, which Ed does in later parts of the song, then full barre chords of the E and A families are needed.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

dtaylor

Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:16 pm

Thanks for this lesson Ness, I happened to put this on the thread 'New Talent Search' so I owe you a debt of gratitude.

One question- do you not think that combining the singing with the picking lifts the difficulty up a notch? I had such a hard time combining the two. Fair enough if you reckon it's a 4, it may be peculiar to me :)

thereshopeyet

Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:31 pm

Vanessa

Great song, lesson.
I always listen to your play through.... you don't half Lego :dry: in your lessons.

Dermot

:laugh: :laugh:

michelew

Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:42 pm

TGNess,

Another cool lesson choice. You make it look straightforward and as always show us the important details for making it sound more interesting, and like Ed's playing of course.

I should be able to get it down soon enough....but...like Dean I suspect I might find the singing a little tricky too. You don't give any hints about it being difficult in your playthrough of course.

As I've come to expect of you, your playthrough is REALLY lovely; your sensitive playing, the ways you change the intensity and in this song in particular the way you sing difficult phrasing with such ease and SO beautifully (oh to have your gorgeous voice and general singing ability :kiss: :) ). In short your playthrough went straight to my heart and shows what a tender song this is. It really makes me want to learn it.

Thanks Ness for another great lesson, you're amazing.

Shel

TGNesh

Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:38 am

Dean: You're so welcome Dean :) ! I had Ed Sheeran, as well as Passenger, on my list and when he turned up in that new artist thread (indeed your request), I at least knew that sómeone would dig it! ;) I actually really like his playing and singing since it's so free form, random and acoustic.
As for the singing, well......i can imagine that adding the vocals is a bit tricky, so combining the two could be a challenge for some. Then again, that goes for singing and playing in general. I think a lót of lessons could be rated a notch up when adding vocals. In the end it's really about mastering both 'instruments' automatically first. To some it comes more natural, to me it does since I've been doing it for such a long time. But every once in a while I do bump into a song, that I'm like hmmm :dry:....The last one was 'Calamity Song' by the Decemberists or before that Nick Drake's 'River Man'. Just keep practicing! :P

Dermot: Thank you Dermot! :) I don't half lego whattuh???! :dry: :laugh:

Michele: Shel....I can really always count on you for making my day!!!! :) :) :) And I think you're right, it's really a tender song, I guess you think I've done it justice, yeeeeeeeeeh!! :cheer: As for singing, well like I said to Dean, master both instruments first, then just try! ;) I could've added a segment to address the vocals, but......I'm trying really hard to not get into tóo many details, which I kinda tend to. I often don't really succeed though, haha! :laugh: Anyway, thank you sweet friend, really always lóve to read your responses, means a lot!!

TGNess B)

thereshopeyet

Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:09 pm

Vanessa Wrote:
I don't half lego whattu
:S :blush: LEGO ...... Let Go ...... :ohmy: :silly: :P ;)

You don't half let Go !!!

:laugh: :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic