>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Bye Bye Love - Everly Brothers

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:07 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

In 1957 Don (20 years old) and Phil (18 years old) had their first hit with Bye Bye Love, a song written by Felice and Boudleaux Bryant that had been turned down by 30 acts at that point. The Everly Brothers had brought a new approach to singing harmony to the developing genre christened “Rock And Roll.”

Their sound went on to inspire and influence The Beatles, and by extension anybody who followed those footsteps using vocal harmony.

The chord progressions and accompaniments now seem pretty standard and relatively easy but here is where it all began. This lesson covers that and also looks at creating a second guitar part. For lessons on the Everly Brothers vocal techniques be sure to visit our sister site Totally Vocals.

Enjoy this level 3 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

sbutler

Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:43 pm

Yet another really fun lesson. I do think you had some magic sauce over Christmas man, you've been on a roll.

Now there is an Everly Brothers book in the lesson list, I suppose "Wake up little Suzie" will be in one of its chapters eh? :laugh:

Scott

willem

Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:49 pm

great,just in time for a friends meeting in may,,we rent a holidayhouse,,now we can rock the park..maybe ,,thx

Willem

Max

Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:33 pm

Great lesson, as simple as it is, there were so many nuances to the song that it would be easier and much faster if you would add an attachment, so that I could look at a print out, and wouldn't have to review the video.

Thanks, Max

tombo1230

Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:36 pm

Such a great lesson Neil, really enjoyed watching that. :)

Tom N.

Hydroman52

Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:48 am

Good lesson. I play this on my Open G tuned guitar. Something I had read in Keith Richards' book Life. Got it here somewhere...........

Hydroman52

Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:54 am

Hydroman52 wrote:
Good lesson. I play this on my Open G tuned guitar. Something I had read in Keith Richards' book Life. Got it here somewhere...........

Found it!

http://waddywachtelinfo.com/keithrichardslife.html

Hope this helps,
Hydroman52

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic