>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Wrong Direction - Passenger

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGNesh

Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:53 pm

Same answer applies Dermot, releasing the strings (relaxing the left hand as you put it), in this case, has no effect on the percussive beats, since I already slap with the right hand. And yes, its more relaxing for the left hand to not continually fret the chords, especially the F-barre chord. It's good finger-muscles-excercise as well! ;)

thereshopeyet wrote:
Vanessa Wrote:
So am I pinching or strumming???
Vanessa, you always have great questions.... ;)
:P ha ha

When you are playing the verse ( pinching) in Part 6 ( starting approx 2.20 minutes in)
Your left hand looks like you relax simultaneously as the right hits ( percussive) beats 2 and 4 after the pinches.
It's like a pulse thing going on there !

:ohmy:

thereshopeyet

Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:30 pm

Vanessa

No effect .... got it, thanks :P
I think it adds to your sense and feel of the beat, sort of musical body language.

I'd like to be able to do that internal clock thing you've got going there at your finger tips.
I also like the way your right hand can move away from the strings and still find there spot in time
like at the one strum measures.

Very cool.

TGNesh

Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:47 pm

I take 'cool' any time!!! :cheer: B) :P .........indeed FEEEEEEEEEL the beat! ;)

Many thanks Dermot! :)

thereshopeyet wrote:
Vanessa

No effect .... got it, thanks :P
I think it adds to your sense and feel of the beat, sort of musical body language.

I'd like to be able to do that internal clock thing you've got going there at your finger tips.
I also like the way your right hand can move away from the strings and still find there spot in time
like at the one strum measures.

Very cool.

michelew

Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:35 am

Working on this song this afternoon. I'm hooked, I'm a sucker for syncopatation, percussive playing and upbeat cuteness.

Ness - I'm just back to say that it's really great the way you teach the intro/interlude. It's definitely the hardest part of the song and having in broken down and explained in nice manageable chunks which can be practiced more easily is really useful. Thanks for the detail Teach.

BTW - I'm switching between steel and nylon strings. The nylon is nicer on the fingers and I prefer the sound on the nylon too. But, the thumb wrap on the 2 inch neck is a definite pain in the thumb (that's thuuuuuumb). :) :P :P I'm envious of your Taylor. :) B)

Shel

thereshopeyet

Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:06 am

Michelle

I too have bee learning it.
It's got a lot of fun stuff in it.

I've got the strums sorted so will work on the intro next.
It's nicely broken down into manageable musical bytes ! :dry:

TGNesh

Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:30 am

That's so good to hear Shel!! :cheer: And yeah, I'm a sucker for it too. In the end it ain't so hard, but it sounds really cool! :)

The other day, I had a student (12), and while he was tuning his guitar I randomly played a couple of measures (probably I still had it in my head) and he was immediately like 'hey, what was that, how do you do that?' He picked it up like within a couple of minutes (totally unaware of syncopation, haha! :laugh: ), just copied what he heard, too cool! :cheer:

Yes, I can imagine you're envying my Taylor :P . I actually tried to play the intro for him (my student) as well, forgot that I had a classical guitar in my hands.....and well :S so I understand your pain.....

Anyway, manageable chunks, really good to hear you like the teaching, let me know about your progress!

Thanks Shel! :)

Ness

michelew wrote:
Working on this song this afternoon. I'm hooked, I'm a sucker for syncopatation, percussive playing and upbeat cuteness.

Ness - I'm just back to say that it's really great the way you teach the intro/interlude. It's definitely the hardest part of the song and having in broken down and explained in nice manageable chunks which can be practiced more easily is really useful. Thanks for the detail Teach.

BTW - I'm switching between steel and nylon strings. The nylon is nicer on the fingers and I prefer the sound on the nylon too. But, the thumb wrap on the 2 inch neck is a definite pain in the thumb (that's thuuuuuumb). :) :P :P I'm envious of your Taylor. :) B)

Shel

TGNesh

Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:32 am

Wait, wait, wait!! :ohmy:

You got the strums sorted? So that means you can comfortably play through the song? Pinching and strumming?

PLEASE do thát first before you get into the intro!!

:)

thereshopeyet wrote:
Michelle

I too have bee learning it.
It's got a lot of fun stuff in it.

I've got the strums sorted so will work on the intro next.
It's nicely broken down into manageable musical bytes ! :dry:

michelew

Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:42 am

TGVanessa wrote:
That's so good to hear Shel!! :cheer: And yeah, I'm a sucker for it too. In the end it ain't so hard, but it sounds really cool! :)

The other day, I had a student (12), and while he was tuning his guitar I randomly played a couple of measures (probably I still had it in my head) and he was immediately like 'hey, what was that, how do you do that?' He picked it up like within a couple of minutes (totally unaware of syncopation, haha! :laugh: ), just copied what he heard, too cool! :cheer:

Yes, I can imagine you're envying my Taylor :P . I actually tried to play the intro for him (my student) as well, forgot that I had a classical guitar in my hands.....and well :S so I understand your pain.....

Anyway, manageable chunks, really good to hear you like the teaching, let me know about your progress!

Thanks Shel! :)

Ness

michelew wrote:

Shel
Well that definitely makes me feel better. :) it's coming together. But I really need to sloooow it down - the intro I mean - excruciating ;)

thereshopeyet

Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:52 am

Vanessa.
I haven't moved on just yet as every time I lift the guitar I have to think about it.
So the strums for a while longer.

Thanks

Dermot

:P ;)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic