>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Wake Up Little Susie - Everly Brothers

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:02 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Wake Up Little Susie is another hit from the start of The Everly Brothers’ career, Bye Bye Love being the other obvious one. Most of their songs featured the close harmony vocals with Don singing the lower parts and Phil singing higher, usually a third higher.

They really introduced this style of harmony to the world of emerging world of Rock ‘n’ Roll in the late 1950s. Wake Up Little Susie is a bit more complicated than many songs from the time, having different parts leaning towards different keys, and lines from one section also appearing in another, sometimes over different progressions.

The Intro includes syncopated chord changes, quickly moving from F to G and back, which occur later with different rhythms. You don’t even really need barre chords to play this song.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

TGNesh

Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:15 pm

Well really love the fact that The Everly Brothers are getting their place in the Target Program! They were a major influence in my young musical life! :cheer:

thereshopeyet

Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:49 pm

Neil

Is Suzie sleeping ...... shhhh, you'll wake her with all that strumming !!

Thanks for this lesson.
I could do with a song like this to work on these chord changes.

Hopefully Vanessa won't spot I'm looking at this lesson too.
If she saw me looking at one of your lessons she'd say "Wrong Direction" ! :dry:

Are you two competing for ratings, it's a competitive lesson war going on in TG !

:woohoo:

The Result of Lesson Wars At TG
Weekly News - New Member.... TG Chimp :ohmy:

:ohmy:

Edit

I look forward to seeing what the next lesson is Neil and Vanessa.
A handful will keep me busy for a lifetime.

I always look forward to the next.

Thanks
Dermot

:)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic