>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Everything Has Changed - Taylor Swift

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:30 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Everything Has Changed is a song by American singer-songwriter and multiple Grammy Award winner Taylor Swift, also featuring British singer Ed Sheeran. It’s taken from Swift’s fourth studio album ‘Red’ and was released as the sixth single in July 2013.

The song is a guitar ballad combining folk and pop genres about ‘wanting to get to know a new lover better.' It features a very easy chord progression in the key of Gb, using the I, II, IV, V and VI.

In the lesson we take a look at several keys in which the student can play the song, including the ones that Taylor and Ed are using. For that we cover the pros and cons of each key, how to use a capo and the keyboard of a piano as a very useful tool.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

michelew

Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:17 am

Hey TGNessa,

Sneaking in a on Friday eh?!? That WAS a surprise.

I've had a huge day and I've just tuned into TG. I watched your preview and I just wanted to say a couple of things before watching the whole lesson (which is taking an excruciatingly looooooooong time to download).

Firstly, I don't know it (as I live under a rock) but this looks like another very recent and very sweet song.

Secondly, and more importantly, what a FANTASTIC premise for a lesson. It's a stroke of genius, It just blows me away how you find such valuable lessons in songs that others might find too simple to teach. Fantastic.!

I'm off to put up with my sllooooooooooowwwww connection. I may give up at some point and catch some zzzzzzzs instead and hope that it's faster tomorrow.

Thanks Nessa. I LOVE your work.

Shel

michelew

Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:29 am

Hey Ness,

That was a really fun reminder of a whole bunch of theory and a HEAP of insights into the things we need to consider when choosing a key to play a common progression in. Really cool.

But OMG woman!!!!! Does ANYTHING stop you from meeting your deadline, a shifted one at that? That's some mean the "show must go on" ethic you've got there. You were obviously experiencing a lot of discomfort and yet somehow still managed to stay smiley and calm, on key and to sound very sweet. You may not have been all that pleased with it, you might be able to do better when well, but it sounded mighty fine from where I'm sitting.

Cool lesson idea and thanks for putting yourself into this yet again.

In awe.

Shel

TGNesh

Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:20 am

Hey Shel! :) :cheer: :) :cheer: :blush: :kiss:

What a swéét woman you are! It's always so nice how you appreciate the extra miles I go with lessons. I do tend to try to find things which are valuable in évery lesson/song, simple (easy) or not. At least I do my best for it.

And yeah, this one had an earlier deadline....the show must go on... :S , made it anyway, but gosh the singing :X , well it was obvious.... :blink: I'm glad it still sounded still 'alright'.

Choosing a key, I think I've done that like all my life when playing in general. Just searched for the one that fitted my voice and for one which was guitarfriendly. And when you gotta switch because of maybe other vocalists who have a different range, then switch to another key or use the capo up and down, whatever. Just get used to playing in any key (at least CGDAE). ;)

Thanks a whole bunch Shel, loved to read your comments, as always!!! :kiss:

TGNess B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic