>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Red - Taylor Swift

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:50 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

Red is a song recorded by the immensely popular American singer-songwriter Taylor Swift for her fourth studio album with the same name and was released as the 5th single in June 2013.

This lesson is mostly based on the acoustic version. It covers two guitar parts, the rhythm guitar and the second guitar, in the key of E and Taylor's part in the key of C, where the guitar is capoed on the 4th fret.

The song features a fairly easy chord progression using the I, IV, V and VI, with a couple of different inversions in the bridge.

The lesson takes a close look at the strumming hand since it changes from the speed of 16th's to 8th's back and forth and even from common time to half time feel and back. Also palm muting the strings is a technique to incorporate into the playing.

Enjoy this level 4 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

willem

Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:30 pm

So great Nesh,,you can cover everything with a few adjustments..

Loved your cough... :laugh: B)

Willem

haoli25

Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:51 pm

Its worth the price of admission just to see TGNessa sing, "RE-EH-EH-EH-EH-ED". :) :) I may have to make this my new ringtone. Fun lesson, dear lady. Thank you.

Bill

TGNesh

Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:05 pm

Ha! :laugh: Many thanks Willem!! :cheer: B)

Gosh.....the sore throat is killing me.... :X ....had a cold a while ago, and it's just not really healing. Songs sung by female artists (their range are often a bit higher than mine) are not really helping either...... :S :(

So glad you digged the cough anyway, haha! :laugh: :P

willem wrote:
So great Nesh,,you can cover everything with a few adjustments..

Loved your cough... :laugh: B)

Willem

TGNesh

Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:08 pm

Whaha! :lol: You crack me up Bill! :laugh: And yeah, I can só imagine that is sounds so.......like me!! :dry: :laugh:

Thanks so much sweet man!! :kiss:

haoli25 wrote:
Its worth the price of admission just to see TGNessa sing, "RE-EH-EH-EH-EH-ED". :) :) I may have to make this my new ringtone. Fun lesson, dear lady. Thank you.

Bill

michelew

Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:47 am

Great lesson Nessa!

Lots of detail in this one. I particularly liked the strumming and breakdown sections. My iPad is looking a little scratched from all the writing it down though ;) :P

The strumming patterns, muting and changed up rhythms were cool.

I enjoyed your playthrough. If I didn't already know, I wouldn't have guessed you were singing with a sore throat again. You manage the high notes beautifully.

You CRACKED me up with the post-playthrough commentary about what you need to note in terms of singing it, phrasing and .... Breathing. Good thing you noted it all eh! ;)

Thanks for another detailed, spirited and very cool lesson, especially on a recent song from a very popular young female artist.

Thanks Ness.

Shel

TGNesh

Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:06 am

Hey my sweetest biggest fan! :cheer: :kiss: Think it's safe to state that, right?! :P

Really glad you like the strumming and break down section. Actually a lot of my own playing is kinda covered in there. I really LOVE changing between the speeds of the strumming hand and the going from common time to half time and back, I do all that a lot, except I never think about too much. I just like variation and following the feel of the song, which is rhythmically often determined by the drums, or I just like to dress it up when it's just me and my guitar etc. So yeah, I do think there is a lot of valuable info in there.

So you noted it all eh??! :laugh: Well I guess I'm kinda sharing what I go through when getting into a new song, as in one that I have never heard before either. (I suppose the ones getting into the lesson dó know the song.). And like I said, since i have like a week or so, need to move fast.

The post-play through commentary, haha, what about it???! It's all part of getting a song down, in this case wíth singing! ;) Which was again hard....pfff.... :S :( Well I'm glad it still sounded a bit okay, what can you do?! :blink:

Thanks so very very much my sweet friend, always LOVE to read your comments!!

Ness

michelew wrote:
Great lesson Nessa!

Lots of detail in this one. I particularly liked the strumming and breakdown sections. My iPad is looking a little scratched from all the writing it down though ;) :P

The strumming patterns, muting and changed up rhythms were cool.

I enjoyed your playthrough. If I didn't already know, I wouldn't have guessed you were singing with a sore throat again. You manage the high notes beautifully.

You CRACKED me up with the post-playthrough commentary about what you need to note in terms of singing it, phrasing and .... Breathing. Good thing you noted it all eh! ;)

Thanks for another detailed, spirited and very cool lesson, especially on a recent song from a very popular young female artist.

Thanks Ness.

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic