>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together - Taylor Swift

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:46 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together was released as the lead single from Taylor Swift’s fourth studio album ‘Red’ and became a huge hit for the talented American singer-songwriter.

The lesson takes a look at the acoustic version and covers how Taylor plays it by herself as well as how her guitar players accompany her vocals.

Although the song contains only four chords in the key of G and an easy chord progression, there are a couple of useful techniques to incorporate, such as palm muting, flatpicking, muting for the fretting hand and even strumming 32nd notes.

Enjoy this level 3 lesson!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

willem

Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:49 pm

Of course its cheery,,she is glad its over,, :laugh: B),,what a fun song playing wise!!!

Glad your throat is back,,well it looks with those Oo's or Oh's and other high phrasings.

knap gedaan Vanessa,,net als al die andere covers natuurlijk..

Willem

TGNesh

Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:06 pm

Je bent een schat Willem!! :kiss:

And haha, you're right, she's glad it's over, didn't think of that!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I managed the Oo's and high phrases, but gosh... :S ..barely, oh well, it was fun to play anyway! :P

Many thanks Willem! :cheer:

willem wrote:
Of course its cheery,,she is glad its over,, :laugh: B),,what a fun song playing wise!!!

Glad your throat is back,,well it looks with those Oo's or Oh's and other high phrasings.

knap gedaan Vanessa,,net als al die andere covers natuurlijk..

Willem

thereshopeyet

Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:17 pm

The videos have been been censored !

:ohmy:

Click To Enlarge

It's Never Over :dry:
http://www.totallyguitars.com/images/fb ... 140310.zip

:ohmy: :ohmy:

TGNesh

Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:11 pm

:laugh: :laugh: you're too funny! :P

thereshopeyet wrote:
The videos have been been censored !

:ohmy:

Click To Enlarge

It's Never Over :dry:
http://www.totallyguitars.com/images/fb ... 140310.zip

:ohmy: :ohmy:

michelew

Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:10 pm

TGNessa,

Well I'm smiling big time after watching your playthrough Ness. You sure make it look fun. Taylor sure does seem to be enjoying the fact that she's made up her mind. :) I love the line about the indie record being cooler and your expression. :)

I've only watched the preview, right hand and playthrough so far, but I've already gotten a bunch out of it. I'll be trying some if the muting and flat picking stuff to be sure. Yet again you've given us a heap of different ways to play regardless of our level. That's fantastic. I LOVE all the variety you put into a single song, a single lesson.

So...I could be the cooooolest aunty in Oz if I learned this. One of our Perth kids was singing this VERY enthusiastically when we were there last. I'm so tempted to learn it and then ask her to do the singing. :) she's 9. :)

Thanks so much Ness for another cool lesson for a song that's contemporary and packed full of good stuff. It sounds very cool.

You're the best!

Shel

suziko

Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:45 pm

Never thought I'd want to learn a Taylor Swift song (I'm more an "indie record" kind of girl :) ) but you sure made this look fun, Nessa! I loved your play-through! And for such an easy song (it would fit so nicely into our 3 or 4 chord song thread!) it's got a lot of cool embellishments that make it far from boring.

Thanks for putting this up, Nessa!

Suzi

jimcjimc

Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:09 pm

Hi Vanessa,

I am sure I will never ever ever try to sing this song, but as others have mentioned, it is a nice lesson with some good techniques.

I especially enjoyed the extreme close-up camera angle in the look at the right hand section.

As someone who struggles with pick noise and holding the pick and stressing over am I holding the pick correctly, it is interesting to see exactly how you are holding the pick.

By the way, what kind of pick are you using here?

Thanks,
Jimc

willem

Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:28 pm

jimcjimc wrote:
Hi Vanessa,

I am sure I will never ever ever try to sing this song, but as others have mentioned, it is a nice lesson with some good techniques.

I especially enjoyed the extreme close-up camera angle in the look at the right hand section.

As someone who struggles with pick noise and holding the pick and stressing over am I holding the pick correctly, it is interesting to see exactly how you are holding the pick.

By the way, what kind of pick are you using here?

Thanks,
Jimc

Yeah what is that pick,,it looks like two,,or??????????

TGNesh

Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:45 pm

And you're the sweetest!! :) :) :)

As always you make me smile even more! ;) And it's true, I indeed had fun playing the song :laugh: !

I can só imagine Ella singing this loudly and enthousiastically, must be so endearing! :laugh: Now you go and surprise them! :P

And as you say, there is definitely a lot in there and it's also not that easy as one might think. I'm really glad you got a lot out of it already and enjoyed the play through as well. Doing one for a Taylor Swift-song is challenging singingwise :S Oh well...it turned out kinda alright I suppose. ;)

Thanks so much sweet friend, for supporting me in everything I do here.... :kiss:

TGNess B)

michelew wrote:
TGNessa,

Well I'm smiling big time after watching your playthrough Ness. You sure make it look fun. Taylor sure does seem to be enjoying the fact that she's made up her mind. :) I love the line about the indie record being cooler and your expression. :)

I've only watched the preview, right hand and playthrough so far, but I've already gotten a bunch out of it. I'll be trying some if the muting and flat picking stuff to be sure. Yet again you've given us a heap of different ways to play regardless of our level. That's fantastic. I LOVE all the variety you put into a single song, a single lesson.

So...I could be the cooooolest aunty in Oz if I learned this. One of our Perth kids was singing this VERY enthusiastically when we were there last. I'm so tempted to learn it and then ask her to do the singing. :) she's 9. :)

Thanks so much Ness for another cool lesson for a song that's contemporary and packed full of good stuff. It sounds very cool.

You're the best!

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic